cautionusly optomistic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cautionusly optomistic

I am a So new to this! I have been honestly making an effort to change since July 5th.
    ( many dishonest attempts prior to that!!)
    I have NOT been drunk or haven't had even one night of (a) bad outcome(s). I am proud of myself, but really scared!
    My CURRENT goal is to see if I am capable of moderation. So far, yes
    ...but I know I NEED TO BE REALISTIC and if I can't do it, I need to quit...and [B]I will B]l if need be. I do know about my own will power-- VERY STRONG! I quit smoking cigarettes 16 years ago cold turkey.... have never touched another... 3 days, 3 months, 3 years were hard days....I never even thought of picking up a cig/ and i am in the presence of smokers on a daily basis.. Do you think I am a candidate for moderation? Thank you for your support.

cautionusly optomistic

Welcome Wild (love your screen name). Only YOU can tell if you will be successful at moderation. I suggest having a read at the My Way Out book for starters (you can download at the homepage or get from amazon). In there an initial 30 day period of abstaining is recommnded before you decide and many here heartily agree! Congrats on giving up the cigs too!

Comment

cautionusly optomistic

Hi WIRosie,
      I just saw your post because new posts on this thread are quickly blocked from the main menu by the very popular Word Association Game. So most newbies and oldsters post under the Long Term Monderation. I hope you take the time to read the threads there, and join us if you like.

It is so difficult to answer this important question. Someone once said that you will be unlikely to moderate long-term if you have been a daily heavy drinker, and I tend to agree with that. Important tools for me have been an initial AF period (I did 2.5 months), honest use of Drink Tracker so I know my patterns, and regular posting here for support. I also recommend that you select some tools from the toolbox under monthly abstinence.
      My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

cautionusly optomistic

:welcome: wildirishrosie and as sunbeam said if you drop into the ltm i am sure you will get along just fine,if not you can join us in the lta.see you around

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Working...
        X