It is Indeed True

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is Indeed True

You can succeed at moderation - I did it for around 5 years.

Unfortunately, that doesn't mean that bingeing can't still come back to bite you in the ass.
    For me it did. I am now on week 3 after lapsing to everyday drinking for the last year.

My goal is to stay clean for a while and then try moderation again.

It is so amazing how different everyone's experiences with this lethal stuff is.

Take care everyone

Jc

It is Indeed True

Hi JC2cats,
    Yup. You're right. It is possible to stay moderate for quite a long time too if you try hard enough as you say. For me it's a question of least resistance. That's why I intend to stay AF. I'm just too lazy to expend the mental effort it takes to be moderate. For once in my life I'm going to learn first time round!
    good Luck to you in getting AF once again.
    Keep on keeping on

Comment

It is Indeed True

Thanks Suni. I hope we can chat again soon

Suze

Comment

It is Indeed True

well i have tried to moderate for 2 nights 10 units one night and same next night.
        not going well so far - had 3 months af as well. I have had 2 hangovers in 2 days and smoked lots.
        eating soup today and off to the gym later when i am feeling better.
        Plan to be AF now until Christmas Eay and - 2 drinks max
        if that doesn't work then it's back to AF land for me
        one day at a time

Comment

It is Indeed True

jc2cats;775995 wrote: You can succeed at moderation - I did it for around 5 years.

Unfortunately, that doesn't mean that bingeing can't still come back to bite you in the ass.
          For me it did. I am now on week 3 after lapsing to everyday drinking for the last year.

My goal is to stay clean for a while and then try moderation again.
          It is so amazing how different everyone's experiences with this lethal stuff
          is.

Take care everyone

Jc
          Hi jc2cats. I guess the curiosity questions that come to my mind are:

1. Is there anything besides some AF time you are doing/planning different to get different results this time?

2. I agree with your characterization "lethal stuff." So why do you want to consume lethal stuff, in any quantity?

Inquiring minds..

DG
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
          X