I believe- in you-do you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe- in you-do you?

It is imperative to get some AF days under your belt so that you have changed your routine. Folowing this, I believe (some people) can change their mind set for their drinking ritual.
    If you have a game plan;if you determine what you are going to allow yourself to drink; if you do not allow yourself to go past the mark which you have personally established, I believe some of us can win our battle with the alcohol.
    For me it is mindsets such as:
    - full glass of water before any alcoholic drink
    -don't have even one drink on a empty stomach; (if you want a drink it is probably a low blood sugar craving at the end of the day ) eat some mixed nuts, whole wheat tortilla chips- anything before taking a drink(for me this is a beer)
    - mixing my first beer with a non alcoholic beer(eg if after a 1/2 glass of beer you are finding you are self thinking of a second , mix the second half with non alcohlic beer.
    - if having a glass of wine ,have it only with dinner, not before, not after, but just enjoying it with dinner.

Lately,I have firmly set my control system in place and guarded that I stay within that, I have done it. I have such a positive feeling when I do. I feed on that positivity if I take a drink. Mind chatter- Remember how good you felt, type thoughts.
    In short I believe in being able to drink in moderation again.
    If "your riding in the same boat" as me in your drinking concerns-good luck, I believe in you.
    I wish you all stength in your will, over the festive season.

I suppose whether you feel, setting up this constant guard is worth even having the drink in the first place is what would make your choice to AF completely or Mod.
Working...
X