Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Checking in

Hi,

Haven't posted here for a while and just wanted to say hi. I'm still working on moderation, and have been taking an herbal supplement that seems to help. I still struggle though. But I think overall I have reduced my drinking, just have a ways to go. There are some crazy things I used to do that I don't anymore. Loneliness is a big trigger - so if anyone feels like just saying, hi, it would be great!

Checking in

Hi there, glad you are cutting down. Me too. Sometimes even with the best intentions we keep drinking to excess but then something rather insignificant happens (in my case losing my footing pon the stairs at a Hallowe'en party while wearing a pumpkin costume) that makes you take real measures to quit or cut down. I am actually surprised that I am doing so well. I hope to lose 10 pounds in the next few months and keep reminding myself that wine has tons of calories so cutting down might help achieve this goal also. I have to say I feel more comfortable in the moderation threads than the abstinence ones. Are you taking kudzu?
    Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
    ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Checking in

Hi someone else , welcome back, If you can get more involved in posting daily you will be surprised with the friends you will make here and not forgetting the great advice & support you will receive from people who can relate to what your going through, hope to see you around, :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Checking in

Hi Someone Else .... glad you decided to come back and are doing better.:l Mario great encouragement above. You funny:H Just had to say that to you...
        Sorry to highjack this a bit SE. Really keep posting and reading.

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Checking in

Thanks everyone. No, it's not kudzu - that didn't seem to have any effect on me - it's a blend of GABA, theanine, and B-vitamins, mostly. And 5-HTP. Sometimes I fear that if I obsess too much about drinking, then it just makes me want to drink more. But if I just try to think of myself as an occasional/moderate drinker, hopefully that is what I will be, more of the time. I do feel more comfortable in the moderation threads, too. Hugs to you all.

Comment

Checking in

Tipplerette, great job!! And thanks again for your positive, encouraging post, and Mario and Ringing Cedars, too. Take care, all. I appreciate your support, very much. I have faith in myself, and my ability to change.

Comment

Checking in

How are you doing during this dangerous time of the year???
              Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
              ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Checking in

Hi all,

Thought I'd lurk around the mod squad!!

I've been back and forth on MWO, until recently - when I did a particularly outstanding number on myself and realised that I do need to do something about my drinking - I was so totally humilated and though there have been many of these events, this time I finally took notice!!!

Anyway pleased to say that I am modding quite well, though this is only the 2nd week, but I have never gotten so far in 30 years.

No AL through the week and limited on the weekends.

I'm very proud of myself (as you would be with yourselves) cause its certainly challenging.

I am drinking lemon, lime and bitters instead of downing ciders. Much cheaper and still refreshing.

Just wanted to drop in and say Hi to you all and hope you are keeping it all together at this difficult time of year.
                Time to whip AL's Ass :b&d:
                :h ya
                Trix

Comment

Checking in

Hi Someone Else

Fairly new here myself, with moderation as my plan. Have cut back a lot, with similar plan as Trixiebelle. Wishing you continued success on your journey.

Comment

Checking in

hi else . and everyone else hahaha,it does get better,modding or justt not drinking,your loooking at your consumption,not somthin we all did b4,that is a start,moderation will take as long as drinking , as much as we did,psycologically,remember the substance you use,has an effect on your mind,its like lerning a hole new life style gyco mery christmas

Comment

Checking in

Oh Yeah I believe you Gyco,

I feel good that I have arrived at the place where I know its time to do something.

So maybe the display at the Christmas party was the biggest boot up the bum that I needed.

Here's to all of us, and Merry Christmas.
                      Time to whip AL's Ass :b&d:
                      :h ya
                      Trix

Comment

Working...
                      X