Couldn't quite do it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couldn't quite do it

Believe, you celebrated your New Years Eve the same way I did. Everyone had plans, house parties, and I was just as happy to stay in the safety of my own home and bring the New Year in peacefully.

Adapting a new healthy is not something that happens over night, you are so right there. You do need the 6 months, or the 1 year completely AF. Time to develop new routines, new habits, to become used to being in places and situations where alcohol is involved and not being tempted or longing for one. For one, I am happy in the mornings when I wake up and I wasn't drinking the night before. And I plan on having and enjoying many mornings like it in 2011.

Comment

Couldn't quite do it

KundaliniGirl;1031924 wrote: My goal is to stop drinking daily and only drink on special occasions, like Believe is doing and MyLife is thinking about in the future. I love feeling good every day with a rare 1/2 bottle of wine or a couple of margaritas. I have friends that I only see a few times a year and would like to be able to drink a couple when with them. None of them are heavy drinkers, and we basically get together for a dinner, so I think I can swing that. If I find that it leads me back to daily drinking, then I'll go back to AF. To me, this would be the best of all worlds.

Believe, I agree that one has no chance of modding if they weren't able to be AF for a good while.
      I think that sounds wonderful to be able to do that! I definetely need a lot more AF time to become that comfortable, right now I know that's not a possibility for me. I wish you all the best on being able to obtain the modding, it sounds like a great plan and approach, a very healthy way to look at things and still enjoy all aspects of life.

Comment

Couldn't quite do it

Yes BB here's wishing us all a lot of af days in 2011! And i think spending new years day feeling shitty with a hangover is over rated. Actually, anything involving hangovers is over rated

Comment

Couldn't quite do it

Just wanted to say hello to everyone here. I plan on no al this week for sure!

Comment

Couldn't quite do it

Hi all,

I am now starting all over again, (was AF through the week and drinking only on w/ends) in December, and doing very well.

Now back from holidays where everyone drank every day - I am back to square one. Thankfully I managed to keep my composure and not drink too much (not that I didnt want to).

I am struggling with the fact that I have half a bottle of Champagne in the fridge, which means that I would knock that off tonight, and its a week night with work tomorrow.

I might just empty the bottle (listening to the alarm bells and shouts of protest at the thought of emptying out Champagne!!! Horrors!!)
            Time to whip AL's Ass :b&d:
            :h ya
            Trix

Comment

Couldn't quite do it

I drink on occasions myself. And every now and then like I am doing now I plan on doing a 30 day af challenge. Its nice to be in both worlds, but I prefer to be sober.
              I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
              X