Just Checking In

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just Checking In

Hi All, I haven't had time to be on the boards lately, but just wanted to stop in. I have been drinking moderately and am really happy with how things are going.

I've not done the original plan of nothing during the week and drinking on the weekends. The natural flow of things has been to be back to drinking a little each night. I drink two beers and one or two glasses of wine. I've been sleeping great (the old problem of waking up at 3 am and not being able to go back to sleep has not happened). My drinks are spread out over about a 4 hour period, so when I go to bed, I don't feel drunk. I also skip a periodic night. If I can keep things like this, then I will feel like I'm successfully moderating. Even though I felt good when I was AF, I eventually got to a point of feeling deprived -- like I was white-knuckling it, especially during social times.

I'll go back and read and catch up, but just wanted to "log in" what is going on in my world.

Best to all,
    KG

Just Checking In

Hey KG - welcome back - seemed a while since we had seen you. Sounds like your plan is going well - good for you. that was what I had planned but after a few months it is sort of getting away from me. My drinking is still over a say - four hour period BUT it isn't just two any more - I am drifting towards three and four some nights so much as I hate to admit it, have to up the Topa and start to cut down again. I hope that you manage to stay where you are, but I have found that it is so easy to start drifting up. No, I don't feel drunk either and never wake up with a hangover but I know deep down what is going on with me, so know what I need to do. Good to have you back,

hugs, sun XX
    How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Just Checking In

Sun, very good advice - thanks for sharing. I agree that one has to be vigilant and realistic. And, I think (for me) quite a few AF days per week will be important. I had one last night, and will have another tonight - probably all week.

KG

Comment

Just Checking In

Welcome back KG! Glad to hear you're doing well. I don't know much about Modding, but I would recommend a night or two AF per week if it's possible.

I have recently decided to Moderate as well. My plan is to drink only up to 1/2 bottle of wine or equivalent on a weekend night with my husband and/or at a social situation.

I'll see how it goes! One think I have learned about not drinking is I feel great when there is NO Alcohol in my system for several days, and I want to keep that.

Have a great day all!

Comment

Just Checking In

ML - I think you're absolutely correct about having several days a week AF. I plan to do that. Don't want to drink every day even if I can keep things at a good level -- just think it's a must to have some days AF!

Good to see you here. Please post - it'll be nice to stay in touch.

KG

Comment

Working...
          X