Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning

Good morning,
    I will be glad if someone can help me to overcome this drinking problem that i have.I'm 31 married with three children.My husband and I are heavy drinkers.Usually we don't drink during week,but we drink from friday to Sunday evenings,and we miss work on Mondays.I have a baby boy who's 11months old.but I hardly see him on weekends.He's usually asleep when I reurn from the bar.I feel so ashamed because I'm always at the bar and people even make some remarks about that.Our finances are a mess.Sometimes my children even beg me not to go,and I dont even have time to clean my house.My mother live with us and she take care of everything,which upsets her.I just want to change alot in my live and earn my mothers trust.I dont want to dissapoint her any more.Please help I want to start by moderating and to stop if I can,
    Ousie

Morning

:welcome: ousie to mwo,This is a great community with lots of great support and advice from people who were or are were you are now,You need to make a plan and put in for yourself some goals,People are advised to give themselves 30 days abstinence from alcohol and then see where they want to go from there,There is a tool box here in this thread,read it carefully, This can be done, Goodluck

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Morning

Ousie, Mario is absolutely right about needing to have a long period of time without any alcohol in order to improve your situation. Many people cannot moderate and need to stop drinking altogether. But, instead of putting pressure on yourself to do that initially, you can start with a commitment to stop for a month. That way you will see how much better you feel and have a clearer idea of how you want to move forward.

Right now you're posting on a "Moderation" thread. The people who post here still drink occasionally (depending on their goals).

I would strongly suggest going to another "Thread" where people are totally abstaining (not drinking at all).

Let me know if you need any more information. The "Just Starting Out" thread on the front page would be the best place for you to post.

Also, here is a link to the Tool Box that Mario mention - it is also a big help when you are starting out:
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

KG

Comment

Working...
      X