Holiday Headcold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holiday Headcold

I have been battling a head cold for the past few days. I had plans to go out last night for the annual drinks withe the guys. Went a little overboard on the drinking. Not crazy drunk but enough to feel bad today. Feel like I let everyone down. Since I do not have a tolerance anymore, it takes a lot less to get drunk.

My wife got on me this morning and I lashed back. We made up quickly but still feel bad. This cold is also not helping things. I guess I need to forget and move on. The guys wanted to go but I neded to have a few more.

They were patient but I still think I needed to wake up and call it quits. I guess I just need to move on and forget it.
    Starting over again 09/06/11

"When its good its good its so good until it goes bad" Pink,Sober

sigpic

Holiday Headcold

Yup..........done all of that....and here's where that wake up call will be loud enough for you to hear (where's Olly with that bugle when you need her??)

Are you an old member?? I am a newie, and so apologise, but I won't remember reading any of your posts...don't know whether you know the deal here or are a first timer looking for advice.....so won't blather on...send another post could you??? Here's to the moving on!!! melon

Comment

Holiday Headcold

Hey Change -

Yup - know that feeling! You will feel better tomorrow (it seems like hangover days are the longest days - certainly more than 24 hours). Back in the saddle - you can do what you need to do. And you will know what it is. You have a lot of support here. Enjoy the holidays!
      Hawk

Comment

Holiday Headcold

Did exactly the same thing Change! On the same day! Just completed the 30 day AF period with no probs then the first venture out was a combined leaving and annual drinks do. Had a great time but the stop valve remains non-existent! I had thought that would have changed.

Nothing terrible happend but like you woke up with the hangover and a guilt feeling - not sure why as it was pretty tame bearing in mind previous exploits! Dunno about you, but I think moderation for me may have to mean less often partaking rather than kidding myself that I'll be content with just a couple!

At least I didn't troll around on my own looking for late night bars which is my past form!

NICK

Comment

Working...
        X