Day 1 ... 1st timer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 1 ... 1st timer

Last night I admitted to my wife that I have a serious problem with my drinking and that I'm looking for help to get myself right. I told her that I've been a functional alcoholic for the 15 years we've been married, but over the last couple of years my ability to function has been gradually slipping away. It was a big thing to have to admit, and now my problem is out in the open with no place to hide. I cried, she cried, she told me that she loves me, admires my honesty and says she's behind me 100%. I'm a lucky man!

It's not even been one day, but I know I'm going to get myself right. I don't want to be a none drinker. I just want to be a regular, balanced guy with a proper future.

I want to share with you the one thing that really motivated me to tackle this problem. It was a tag line on an email from one of my work colleagues.

"The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity. The fears are paper tigers. You can do anything you decide to do. You can act to change and control your life; and the procedure , the process is its own reward."

Amelia Earhart

One day I'll tell my colleague what a difference his little tag line made to my life. I have a few things to straighten out first though. LOL

I look forward to getting to know you guys.

Sincerely,

ANFIELD (Rich)

Day 1 ... 1st timer

Hello TO...glad you found the site and welcome. There is a toolbox(going to check) and lots of information at MWO. What's your plan? Nice that your wife is understanding, that makes you a good husband.
    Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Day 1 ... 1st timer

Here ya go
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html
      Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Day 1 ... 1st timer

Anfield, welcome. Being real and honest with yourself is so important - you're obviously there....
        The Newbies Nest is a great place to start here - check it out.
        For myself and some others here, we have read a book by Jason Vale, Kick the Drink easily. A great read and has helped turn things around for a lot of people. THIS BOOK WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE is the thread to check out.
        There are a lot of inspirational people here and some great advice and support. Read as much as you can and keep posting....
        IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
        Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Day 1 ... 1st timer

hi guys thanks for your comments, the toolbox and the reading material suggestions. As for a plan, all I'm working with at the moment is leaving the corkscrew in the kitchen drawer, (LOL) , getting back to the gym again will help, but this problem is a lot bigger than I am and I don't want to fail. First thing I need to figure out is what my life as a normal, moderate drinker is going to look like. Once I know that I can work it all back I guess. That's as much as I have so far. What's really ironic about all ofthis is the timing. I leave tomorrow for two weeks in California with friends, visiting wineries, big pinot festival in Sonoma ... and I have my 'moment of clarity' the day before I leave on this trip. I think Amelia Earhart and her fantastic wisdom couldn't have come at a worse time.

Comment

Day 1 ... 1st timer

...or maybe the best time?......
            IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
            Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Day 1 ... 1st timer

Anfield;1196444 wrote: hi guys thanks for your comments, the toolbox and the reading material suggestions. As for a plan, all I'm working with at the moment is leaving the corkscrew in the kitchen drawer, (LOL) , getting back to the gym again will help, but this problem is a lot bigger than I am and I don't want to fail. First thing I need to figure out is what my life as a normal, moderate drinker is going to look like. Once I know that I can work it all back I guess. That's as much as I have so far. What's really ironic about all ofthis is the timing. I leave tomorrow for two weeks in California with friends, visiting wineries, big pinot festival in Sonoma ... and I have my 'moment of clarity' the day before I leave on this trip. I think Amelia Earhart and her fantastic wisdom couldn't have come at a worse time.
              Greetings Anfield and a warm welcome to you.

This trip might be a chance to see how moderation sit's with you?

Safe travel's, and best wishes on your journey.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Working...
              X