Monday, January 15th. Hello????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahem, where are you all? I am here in my obsessive, have to check for new posts every 10 minutes and I notice no one started a thread today........hmmm, are you all out whooping it up on MLK's birthday?

Wishing you all a wonderful Monday!!! Nothing more exciting to say than that! :l
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Hi Lush

My first time - normally by the time I get round to the daily post there are are loads already on there so I give up and post something sexist on the guy's forum instead - as you know!

But I couldn't leave you all alone and its great to be number 2 in the chain! I'm fine by the way but finding moderation harder than I thought after my 30 day AF. Was getting rather complacent but then had a shameful lapse last week. But I now know what situation to avoid - still finding my way I guess!

Take care all!

Comment

Now, Now Lush. Hawk started us off. Where the heck have you been. Missed seeing you around this morning
      "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Where? I will go look. Hmmmppphhh......

Comment

Lush,
          I'm here...not celebrating MLK's B'd. Not a biggy in Surrey to be fair!

Another AF night last night for me. So in total that's 2 night's Mod in 2 weeks and the rest AF... a blinking miracle. This from the person who even managed to find beer halfway up Kilimanjaro...altitude and beer, not a combination I'd recommend.

Anway, tonight I'm off to Weightwatchers. Funny thing, it seems to be WW that's flipped my switch.

Not having the best little boy in the world, lovely partner, good job, nice house blah blah...oh no, it was the sheer lunacy of weighing out everything even the butter for my toast, counting steps on a pedometer, and praying to lose an pound a week, while pouring a bottle or two of red wine down my throat every night that did it.

I realised I could control what I ate and it did work, so maybe I could control what I drank...

So far, with plenty of help (from the programmeand this forum ) and the supps I'm getting a bit of control day by day. Even if I don't write much, I read everyone elses posts daily...it's becoming my new addiction.

I'm tapering the Topa though..couldn't string a sentence together by 75mg! Back down to 25mg. We'll see if any cravings appear. Hopefully Kudzu will keep them at bay!

Hope everyone else is good
          Pebbles

Comment

Pebbles, your post cracked me up. I had that same thought just this morning. I eat healthy and can manage my portions, I quit smoking years ago and never went back. I obviously have it in me to not drink as much and so that is what I will do. Sounds like you are making a lot of positive changes in your life. Good for you.

Well Nick, sure enough there was another thread started so I guess we are not so special. So go back to your sexist comments and jokes, okay?

Comment

Lush, not sure if it's the same in theUS as in the UK, but we do Points at WeightWatchers...I was the only one going " so it's 2 points for a small glass, how many is it for a whole bottle, and how many have a got left for food? mmmmm 3 ? not really enough is it?"

Pebbles

Comment

Ha!!! yes we do the points here and a friend of mine was doing it and when she told me how many points a glass of wine was I said the same thing. "Well I guess I won't be eating any real food then."

Comment

It's no accident, that when you look closely into the eyes of another, the very first thing you see, is yourself.

That when you hold their hand, you can feel your own warmth.

And that when you give of yourself, you give to yourself.

Because, quite simply, both you, and they, are me.

Let's get it started, un-huh -
                  ****The Universe

Happy Monday Mods!

Wow, lots happening here over the weekend.

E good to hear from you. I too want to know you are in a better frame of mind.

Congratulations to all that are following their plans! Everyone who has slipped a little just remember that happens and you can get back into this journey when you are ready.

Sorry to all the people iced in and snowed in.

Our roof leaks got so bad we have lost almost all the ceiling on one room. Right over the pool table even. Carpet is completely soaked. ETC, ETC Can I just say OMG, my house is SUCH a MESS?!!! The frig has been causing problems and went completely on the fritz so Friday night when I got back from my dinner with my girlfriends my husband was getting sick from eating pizza that was about 3 days old in the frig. I did on Saturday morning from my soy milk less than 4 days old and seemed ok . . . until I got sick. Yesterday morning we went over to the flip house we bought in December and took the frig. Most all day, I was scrubbing two frig/freezers and getting all that mess cleaned up. WAYYYYYYYY FUN WEEKEND!! Prune fingers and all!

Speaking of fingers, Judie, what the heck happened to yours and are you OK now?

All you point counting ladies, just remember thin = more chances for wrinkles!!

Had one drink on Friday night with my girlfriends, went out with in laws for dinner on Saturday and was the only AF person there, was not in the mood for margaritas as it sounded like an ingredient for heartburn. Had two glasses of red wine last night one with dinner and one after.

Still smoke free but had some weird cravings for that yesterday!!

Happy day to all.

Hugs and Love,
                  Mary

Comment

I love the message from the Universe today Mary, thanks.
                    "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Iey Lush, I too am checking in with the senior member!!! Or is now Senior Member I (the first)???

Pebbles, I also started to take command of my drinking through weight watchers. And yes, we do count points. Normally between 105 and 115 throughout my life, I went to 180 when my business collapsed. And my drinking went up to a 5 liter box every day or two. I joined weight watchers and returned to the 105-115 lbs, and slowly over time lowered my drinking. But it still was more than I wanted, so I joined this forum. And it has helped me tremendously in moderating. So, the two together are very powerful. Incidentally, I have a recipe book that I made for the local chapter of Weightwatchers. It takes normal food like McDonald's Egg McMuffin and burgers, as well as Italian foods into many less points without sacrificing the taste. Got lots of good feedback on it. If you want me to post some recipes, let me know.

MM
                      Saving the day one minute at a time!

Comment

MKR - we were posting at the same time. I, too, love the Univese sayings you post -- are they your creations? And I am sorry that you had such a tough weekend. My weekend was fabulous, but today my computer is crashing so I have hubbie out buying another -- can't survive in my business without it -- so it's a tough day, but nothing like your weekend!!! Please don't take it the wrong way, but after hearing about your weekend, I'm in a much better mood about my computer problems!!!

Love to all.
                        MM
                        Saving the day one minute at a time!

Comment

Congratulations on being smoke free Mary!:yougo: :yougo: !:yougo: :yougo:
                          :h :h :h :h

Comment

OH MKR I am so sorry about your bad weekend. I would be out of my mind.....I hope you get things cleaned up soon and I am glad you finally got a new refrigerator. You sound like a women of patience to have put up with that one working so poorly for so long. I hope your week gets better. Huge hugs to you....

Comment

Hi All,

Thankfully my weekend has been a disaster free zone, Spent today planning my daughters 10th birthday party aaaargh ........

Day 15 for me, feeling good!!!!

Well done to all of you on the moderating ..

Love & Hugs, Paula xx :h :l :h
                              sigpicXXX

Comment

Working...
                              X