Checking in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Checking in

Just checking in to keep myself on the path!

I have been AF monday thru thursday this week (one day better than last week - a new personal best in AF days in over 20 years!) - Yay!

Have been out on usual friday night run to take kids to music lessons - same as last week,
    Mrs satori came along and we went to the bar while kids were at lessons. (I know, - but we rarely get much time together where we can just sit and catch up!)

I had a total of two pints of beer and now I am home!

I am NOT going to the beer store across the road again - (but can I let you into a little secret? Just between you and I, I REALLY REALLY REALLY WANT TO!!!!!!!!!)

Mrs Satori is downstairs having a glass of wine (she was driving - so she didn't have an alcoholic drink earlier on) It is a long story - I would have driven - but my youngest son prefers my wife's car as he gets travel sick in mine (my driving?) cos he cant see out so well!

AAAAAARGHHHH!!!!!!

I need to last until 11pm - that is when the beer store closes!

So is there anyone out there who wants to speak to me for a few minutes to divert the inevitable train wreck if I am left to my own devices?

Satori
    "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Checking in

Satori ....

So sorry I wasn't on here ......

How did you do????

LOts of love
    sigpicXXX

Comment

Checking in

Satori,

I wasn't here either.........I hope it went well!

I drank way too much last night:huh:

I don't feel good.

I hope you faired better.

Hugs,
      Rachele
      :h :h :h :h

Comment

Checking in

Hey Betty (that's new!), Imagine,

Thanks for the replies.

I'm OK - I managed to get Mrs Satori to talk me out of drinking more on Friday.

On Saturday I was out to see a band with some friends - all of whom were driving - so they were not drinking.
        A pint of beer each was their limit - then they went on to soft drinks, so NOT a hard drinking evening (I had two pints of beer).

Tonite so far I am AF - but, once again, cravings are bad because I am stressing about the busy week ahead of me next week.
        Loads to do next week at work - and then leave for three week business trip early next Saturday morning.

I have not been suffering majorly up until recently - so I thought this was going to be fairly easy.
        But the cravings seem to be getting worse as time goes on - maybe I have been coping up till now because I have been excited by the changes I am making, and the progress I have made.
        Perhaps the initial euphoria is wearing off, and the REAL battle is about to begin!

I hope not!

Ah well - time will tell.
        I am beginning to dread my upcoming business trip, as there will be many temptations to drink put in my way (hard drinking expats, nights in hotel rooms with nothing much to do. no Mrs Satori to tie me up (to stop me going to the beer shop - honest )
        I just hope I can get an internet connection in my hotel so I can come on here!!!

Hope you are all OK and sticking to plan (Imagine, hope you feeling better now!)

Take care

Hugs

Satori

x
        "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

Checking in

Hi Satori ... nice to hear from you, I was wondering where you are, Well done on your weekend ...

Just thinking about your business trip ... are you aiming for Abs or Mods? ......

Take care love ....
          sigpicXXX

Comment

Checking in

Morning Ms Boop....

Not sure about my trip - but I think I probably want to go abs.

That should be ok when I am out with others, because i know what they are like from past experience!
            They don't do mods!! I have suffered major hangovers in the past after sessions with these guys.
            I truly don't want to go there.

The bigger worry is when I am stuck in a hotel some evening with not a lot to do and no-one to talk me out of a trip to the bar!!

I guess I need to play it by ear, and try to find something to distract me.
            One of the problems with me atm, is that the cravings are getting worse rather than better, and I am still not sleeping properly - so I still feel rough in the mornings.

I KNOW that I am treating myself more sensibly and it is good for me - but I really am not feeling a lot better for it!!!

Anyway - enough about me....
            How's you?
            Sticking to plan ok?

Satori

x

Comment

Working...
            X