• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prism-colored Tuesday

LMAO!
    Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Prism-colored Tuesday

Hi all! I had my interview with the Oxbridge program today, on the phone. I though it went very well. They'll let me know whether I have the job by the end of February. It involves being dean of students for kids grades 10-12 who are taking a three-week program in Oxford or Cambridge. It's a lot of work. There are two shifts a day, six days a week. You have either an 8-4 shift or a 4-midnight shift. It involves keeping the kids sorted and out of trouble, dealing with parents, dealing with guest speakers, handling emergencies. I know I could do it, and I'd love to be in Oxford or Cambridge, and the pay is nice, but it sounds like a lot of work. Of course, when you are off, you are off, and you can go lots of places on the train, even visit some MWO buddies maybe. Whaddya think?

Sorry about the cat, Allie. It's not surprising that people have the blues. It's February, even if it's hot in Australia. February is the pits. Christmas is over, and spring is weeks away. At least it has warmed up a bit here, though. Keep your collective chins up. Interesting to track the progress of your headache, Judie. I'd love to walk on the beach with you Floridians.

Comment

Prism-colored Tuesday

Congrats!!! Oxford or Cambridge how exciting. You said it's a three week program???

Have you been there before?
        "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Prism-colored Tuesday

Beaches, thanks for the compliment! Please don't ever feel like you can't come on when you're slipping. That is the beauty of this place -- nobody here judges anybody -- it is the first place I run when I'm in trouble -- the people here are so great and so caring -- the reinforcement can be very helpful. And we all love you -- you are such a great addition to the group and sorely missed when not here!!!

Jen and Judie, you are tooo funny!!!! You are hilarious!!!!

Lush, I think you should go into counseling, even group counseling. You are so good at addressing the issues with others in a way that makes them think and grow; yet, you do it in a way that makes people feel good -- we all look up to you and think that you are great -- a born leader!

Sophia, congratulations! Even just having the opportunity to be considered for something like this is a real honor -- you should be breaking your arm patting yourself on the back (an 'ole expression meaning a sign of great achievement).

Judie, glad the headache is gone.

Ok, we need to come up with something fun to take everybodys' mind off the of winter blues. Look, we have only eight days to Valentine's day. I think we should have an Valentine's icon or poem party, maybe find icons of the sexiest dress or something. I don't know, something fun that we can play with over the next couple of days. Maybe the best chocolate recipe -- need some help here!!!

Oh, yeah, if everybody's coming to Miami, count me in!!! (Love Miami - haven't been there in years).

Love to all,
          Monica
          Saving the day one minute at a time!

Comment

Prism-colored Tuesday

HI everyone..just flying by to soak up the good vibes here..

Well, I turned the blues around a little on Sunday (not without a huge temptation to just stop at a little restaurant for a glass of wine..but I DIDN't)..I don't remember if I posted this, but it was just so funny how doing some simple crafty things really helped. I went to the fabric store to buy some faux fur..I bought a coat on ebay that I wanted to jazz up for my trip the NYC..then I bought some silk flowers and made some pretty arrangements for the house..I was able to just get lost with that..I forgot how sewing can take me out of my head..the flowers remind me of the hope that spring comes...so..I do think it's the little things that we can do to get through the winter blues..especially. Having some plans to go out of town has helped too..the following week I'm going to visit 2 sisters that I haven't seen in a while.

Sophia, the job sounds great!

((Judie))

MM, Lush, Jen and Judie..Hi..and all the rest!
            Dianne

Comment

Prism-colored Tuesday

hi all,

Beaches, thanks for worrying about me. I am okay. There is a lot of pressure at work at the moment and this is going to continue for the foreseeable future. It is becoming more difficult to find time to be online much mid-week. I 'm glad that you are feeling a bit brighter. That's what a new name and avatar can do for you!

Beth, you seem to have a lot going on at the moment. I am praying for your niece and your sister. It is so hard for any mum with a child in hospital, no matter what their age.

Lusch, the comments about your position as group counsellor are well deserved. It is great to read all your posts.

Allie, glad you met Lex

Dilayne, nice to see you on here again.

MM, Positive as ever tonight.:h

Sophia, the job sounds interesting but it also sounds hard work.

Jen, Jude, Fan, Tawny,Mary and everyone else- very glad for all your support.

Love to you as always:l
              Waves
              Enough is enough

Comment

Prism-colored Tuesday

Put the skis on the van....South Beach here I come
                "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Prism-colored Tuesday

Did someone say Miami? I'm in.

Just a quick hello to everyone, it's been a long day for me.

pixie
                  AF since 6JUN2012

Comment

Prism-colored Tuesday

My Nanny's recipes for cookies

7 Layer COOKIES

2 sticks margarine melted
                    2 cups crushed vanilla wafers
                    1 package of coconut
                    2 packages of Hershey’s chocolate chips
                    1 packages of butterscotch chips
                    2 cans of Eagle Brand Evaporated Milk
                    2 cups of nuts
                    Bake at 350 degrees
                    30 minutes
                    let cool then cut in squares

Comment

Working...
                    X