Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Valentine's Day

Hi everyone
    I am new to this board (posting) but i have been reading for a while. I have few things to ask. Is moderation possible? To me it seems like a lot of people have fallen off the boards lately - some main people like becca and allie and other people seem to say they are strugglien and i wonder if anyone has ever actually reached any acceptable level of moderation? I mean in terms of what a doctor is thinking of moderation? I cujrrently can easily drink a bottle or more of wine a night.
    Thanks
    Tegan

Comment

Happy Valentine's Day

Tegan, I think it comes to how badly you want to moderate, how really ready your mind and body are to moderate. Many of us want it badly but something just is not clicking quite yet, others are really, really ready and everything just falls into place, and others realize moderating it not for them and have to abstain altogether. We have quite a few successful moderators on this board, but I will let them present themselves to you. Yes, It can be done, for SOME people, not ALL. I guess that is what you will have to decide for yourself as you are here more and try different aspects of the program. Either way I welcome you.:welcome:
      I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Happy Valentine's Day

Tegan,
        Moderation, like everything else comes with it's ups and downs and for everyone it has different definitions. To some moderation can mean drinking one bottle a night. For others it means drinking 3 glasses a night for others it means drinking 3 nights a week etc. You have to figure out a plan for yourself and see if you can stick to that. If that plan doesn't work you try a new one. We are all here trying to figure out which plan will work and getting ideas from each other on what to do. I wish you the best and hope you stick around.
        It's true that moderation may not work and then you might have to abstain. It's a journey.

Welcome
        "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Happy Valentine's Day

Regarding that sexy girl....you see I am a gemini and she would be my alter personality. My inside hotty.
          "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Happy Valentine's Day

Scep, Welcome!!! I think Lush has very elequently laid out an accurate depiction. Moderation does work for me. My doctor is a personal friend and feels that I am within the limits of acceptable "healthy" drinking under AMA guidlines. I started in October with MWO and it has taken several months of vigilant evaluation of my behavior and slowly modifying it over time. I still feel that I need to do better, but this program has made all of the difference for me. And it has not been a straight uphill shot. But it can work. But like Lush said, you gotta want it bad.

Fondly,
            MM
            Saving the day one minute at a time!

Comment

Working...
            X