I have a dream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a dream

Hi everybody! We started our Thursday thread with Imagine envisioning a thread about the great things that have happened in our life. At first, I was very excited to talk about all the great things that has happened for me since I first came here and all the wonderful things that all of you have brought to the forum. It was moving a moving initiation, Imagine, it was enlightening, it aroused in all of us deep and caring emotions. But it was more meaningfuly and more significant that I had first interpretted. It was so moving that some of us came forward and unvelied truths of ourselves that we would not normally have released. And I hope that others, like myself, have grown stronger personally, spiritually, and with a stronger than ever conviction of our dreams to be free from the control of our alcoholic desires and those prefaces that have pushed us into this hole. I think that we have released some deep, dark monsters in our life.

BUT I HAVE A DREAM. My dream is that we realize that alcohol is not the only interference in our life. It is not the only thing that keeps us from our desires, from our goals, from our hopes and achievements in our lives. YES, alcohol is a problem in and of itself. But, I am finding myself using it as a crutch -- and for me, that is not acceptable.

I HAVE A DREAM -- a dream that I will look at my life and visualize it as a life where I make decisions and not use my alcohol consumption as an excuse for my decision. A life where, whether or not I have a drink or two, that what transpires in my life is not determinative of what I have alcoholically consumed.

Today, I am pursuing my dream by what I am and not by what I drink. I HAVE A DREAM AND THIS IS MY LIVING DREAM.

LOVE TO ALL!!

MM
    Saving the day one minute at a time!
Working...
X