AF to day 39.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF to day 39.

I stayed AF up until yesterday, day 39 as I looked in my journal. I had some issues here over something which I am going to vent out and finish for my own health and then not say anything more. I am not responsible for wrongs of others or when they prosecute the good and let the bad go free. That won't be a trigger again.

"The typical ***** behavior when confronted is to try to play the sympathy card like a wounded animal, so that others turn against the person who is outing them. Many times, they get people to report the person and get them kicked off the forum. Remove the threat as it were. That is exactly what happened and I knew it could happen. I was hoping that after having been trying to help others as well as get support that would have kept most from turning, but he got exactly what he wanted...more attention and knives being thrown at me. I, also, was contacted by the moderator to ignore him because it is bad for business. He, as well, sent me a nasty message with great grammar and spelling mind you. Funny how the private is different than the board posts."

Now, that I got that off my chest, to the moderation point. I thought it through before I had those two drinks yesterday and decided yep, I want them. They were a bit of a feel good for the mistreatment I was handed on an AF board for being truthful and honest and being spanked at the hands of the outcome of a game player, but it is what it is, and I am done now. I only wanted people to direct their time to people who are really in need. I suspect there will be progress posted now as a result of the attention which has been accelerated. It's all in textbook 101.

Anyway, after those two drinks, I did NOT want anymore. I had no addiction or desire to have another one which is HUGE for me. Normally I can't stop. Give me one and off I go. Truly, it was like having a sweet tooth, eating something sweet and then saying I'm satisfied. I have no hangover and I do not want any further today. For me, I think the key may just be to be very disciplined on not ever allowing myself to drink without it being well thought out and to not drink often so that a physical addiction does not develop again. I will continue to work through all personal issues and follow my plan, but was very happy to see the drinks did not bring a desire for more and didn't really do anything for me.

I thought I'd post this for those who do try to moderate. Will see how this goes into the future, but I still have an AF plan, but am thinking if once in a while I have one or two in a planned thought out manner, I may be able to do so. For some that may lead back to a crutch or emotional drinking, etc. I'm not so sure that will be the case with me. So, no more alcohol this week...none. It did make me happy that my body didn't go obsessive after breaking the addiction. I do know it would come back easily if I started drinking regularly again, but maybe a couple once every two weeks won't be a problem.

Ramble and vent done.
    Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

AF to day 39.

Hi Slay, first let me say thank you for having the guts to out him. So much nonsense coming from his posts yet people still believe his crap. Second, pm's are definitely a catch 22 here (and frankly everywhere). I have found that so many people will say one thing on the boards and completely contradict themselves in pm's. Lots of backstabbing goes on in pm's. That is the main reason I turned mine off. I am who I am on the public boards.

So with that said, if people still want to believe his crap let them play his game. Most important is your own health and sobriety. I know you know this.

Keep posting and updating. You are doing great!
    AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

AF to day 39.

red67;1385536 wrote: Hi Slay, first let me say thank you for having the guts to out him. So much nonsense coming from his posts yet people still believe his crap. Second, pm's are definitely a catch 22 here (and frankly everywhere). I have found that so many people will say one thing on the boards and completely contradict themselves in pm's. Lots of backstabbing goes on in pm's. That is the main reason I turned mine off. I am who I am on the public boards.

So with that said, if people still want to believe his crap let them play his game. Most important is your own health and sobriety. I know you know this.

Keep posting and updating. You are doing great!
      Thanks red!!! Yes, I know this. Discipline and awareness is very key for me.

Have a wonderful day!

P.S.-Also, agree on the PMs. I had mine off at first, but someone asked to contact me, so I turned it back on. I will be turning it back off soon. I read a post by someone here that let me know there was some backstabbing going on. I don't have time or patience for such nonsense. I opened the PM to be helpful, not to play childish games. There are too many great things in life to spend time on.

:l
      Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

AF to day 39.

Hi Slay, nice to see you matey!

Like you I saw thro it all long time ago, but I am more than certain that the gullible remain the gullible no matter how much evidence they have.

I know what you mean by PMs too, one member in particular, being so two faced. But that is people. I like my PMs cos in the main one can be more openly supportive and sometimes there are things with so much history a post would just confuse others.

Also just laugh, we are all going to die, drinking or not, yet most take their own mortality sooooo seriously and then have the gall to lecture on humility and morality. I find it ALL so funny and for that I thank g........enetics :H

Take note of my signature, a lie is a lie.........

And feck em

Comment

AF to day 39.

Slay, it's nice to see you posting again. For some it's the same old same old. Others are kicking and crawling their way out of the ditch.

be well
          ~nurdl
          :notes:
          we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Working...
          X