drinking on the road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

drinking on the road

well, I just had one week with 3 AF days and no blackouts! I am finding that i get sleepy when i drink now. is that the kudzu? or am i just imagining a change.

anyway, still a lot of room for improvement.

and now, i am about to go away from home. what happens to the drinking plan when you go away? can you ask the hotel person not to give you the minibar key?

what a temptation!

advice is appreciated.

drinking on the road

Someone I know once called ahead and asked the concierge to remove all alcoholic beverages because she would be sharing the room with a person who had a drinking problem. The hotel obliged. Unfortunately, the roommate found that the hotel had MANY bars. Still, if you are worried about what's in the fridge, I'm sure that the hotel would be glad to help out.

E

P.S. Yes, you can leave the minibar key at the desk.

Comment

drinking on the road

Hello Nancy,
      I'd say the drinking plan has to be the same, wherever you are.
      You need to be strong, for yourself.
      There is always an alternative, no matter how mundane.
      I wish you well.

Comment

drinking on the road

Hi Nancy,

If you want to remain AF then you will have to apply your methods even while travelling. If the temptation is too great having access to a mini bar, then as Eustacia suggested - request to not have the key for it. You don't have to disclose you have a problem, just simply say you won't be needing it. (I am mentioning this incase you feel embarrassed).

As Popeye has mentioned there are always other alternatives, no matter how mundane.

It would be a good chance to do some shopping, see some sites, grab a jacuzzi, or whatever. Take advantage of not being held prisoner to your hotel room! Go and live it up - with out the alcohol! All the best.

Comment

drinking on the road

Good one AFMe,
          Stick to your routine, and step outside the manotony of four walls, go breathe some fresh air! Spoil yourself, make refreshing fruit shakes with loads of ice etc.
          Mel:upset:

Comment

drinking on the road

Order room service to deliver a bottle of chilled S.Pelligrini and a bucket of ice with some lime for after your jacuzzi/spa.

Pure Decadence!

Doo
            :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

Comment

drinking on the road

Dear Nancy,

Great advice given here! Go enjoy life in another world outside the bars and minibar!

The kudzu making you tired? Not sure about that, I found it was the calms forte that made me incredibly tired without drinking even. Drinking anything use to pump me up, almost a year later a half glass of wine, relaxes me to the point where I may not get through the second half of it b/c I am drifting off to sleep!

I know you can do whatever you put your mind to! have a great trip!

Comment

drinking on the road

adios!

ok, am off...

will report back after, hopefully won't have any crises requiring immediate advice.

thanks for the tips

Comment

drinking on the road

Nancy, please report any good suggestions...I have not been travelling but will have to soon. That's when I get into trouble - when "unsupervised" on the road! My first trip will be in two weeks....to France and wine country no less! Ouch!
                  sri

Comment

drinking on the road

back from the road

well, unfortunately the mini bar had No key. i was not too bad though, just a wine and a few beers.

it's hard to keep things together on the road. but i did notice that some nights, i just had water for hours at the end. that worked very well.

Comment

drinking on the road

Ahhh Nancy, that's great to hear! Big pat on the back from me for lots of water and moderating.

Doo
                      :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

Comment

Working...
                      X