Wonderful Wednesday! (7th March)

Of course, you chose your life.

Your time and place of birth.

Your parents.

Your leanings and inclinations.

Hair color.

Height.

Your savoir-faire.

So that now, on a stage of your own design, you'd have all you need, to become all you want.

Wow!

**** The Universe

And as Lush said, how we feel about ourselves! Thanks dear!

Good to see you all here this AM! All of you!!!

Positive things I didn't do before I joined MWO on March 27, 2006

AF most all the time. Just feels better.
    Don't normally buy any hard alcohol to keep in the house.
    Sleep pretty soundly.
    Through example got my husband doing mods.
    Made some really special MWO friends.
    Listened to CD's and relaxed
    Got sober enough to tackle being smoke free . . .Day 66 today!

Gotta run, have a wonderful day my sweet sweet friends!
    Mary

PS: Ilex, sweetie, it is where you can come and say, I blew it in my estimation, I am frustrated etc. Lush was just saying, try and remember the good stuff that has happened towards sobriety. Those are affirmations that you CAN DO what you set your mind to! Hugs to you, you are getting better at this, sometimes doesn't feel like that.

Comment

It is Ilex!!!!!! I'm positive Lush's intentions were not to put you or ANYBODY down. I think the purpose of the comment / suggestion is that positive thoughts and energy bring about positive results! We all beat ourselves up when we slip up while on the journey but, beating ourselves up tends to be counter-productive. I think that is what she meant but, I will let her tell you herself.

On another note.....they did not let my hubby on his flight! They said his passport was "mutilated" and not fit to fly. There is nothing the matter with the passport except the very edges are slightly frayed with use. We travel alot! and the passport is 7 years old. He caused a whole, LOUD scene in the airport and was surrounded by 4 police officers. They probably would have taken him to jail but, he is with my 7 year old son. Be warned those of you traveling internationally these days...they make it a complete nightmare!
      Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

PP, what??? That is the craziest thing I have ever heard. So he cannot go on the trip? WOW!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!

Okay, I just got on the scale and have plenty negative to say about that.........
        I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Hi all,

I was just thinking that we feel we know each other so well now, that we think that people will read our posts in the way we meant them to: and usually they do. Just occasionally the thought we were trying to put across is lost or misunderstood and we are surprised. We shouldn't be as it happens face to face too doesn't it?

I am not supposed to be on here but the calling of this site is so much stronger than the call of work!

Love to you all as always
          Waves
          xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

PP The paperwork fairies visit me too!
          Enough is enough

Comment

Good point Waves. Ilex you are fine. You can say anything you want here. That's why we are here and Lush is making an excellent point too that even though we trip and fall we need to get up and then focus on the positives and how far we have all come.

I know that since the day I started here I have come a long way. Let's see.
            I wake up feeling great more often than not;
            I too don't sleep with my snoring husband who has apnea and won't do a CPAP either;
            I don't drink beer as a cocktail;
            If I do go out I don't feel the need to be tipsy before I go anymore;
            I have found some wonderful friends;
            I have found a great support system;
            I have learned and educated myself on a lot of new things I never knew about, like supplements etc

Take care
            "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

PP that stinks. so now what. Are they home?
              "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Wow! PP, I can't believe they wouldn't let him on the flight! I would be soo mad! Thank God he didn't get thrown in jail. This world has gotten so crazy...

Back to rain here today, :upset: . It was so nice have a few days of sun. Guess I need to do some chores anyway though.

Feeling lazy today, I guess I'd better get off my b*tt & get something done before I get stuck here!
                Hope everyone has a good day.
                :l Judie
                The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Hi......

I just want you all to know I am alive!

I have been reading here and there, just not posting.

I have to use a laptop that has a crazy cursor! The cursor jumps every five seconds to another word, so it's really very difficult for me to post. If I'm not really careful, you would only be reading gibberish from me and thing I had gone, well, you know........................

Hugs and love to all,
                  Rachele

:h :h :h :h
                  :h :h :h :h

Comment

Welcome back Rachele!!! You have been deeply missed!
                    Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

Yes, Rachele, Welcome back!! Those laptop keyboards are something I cannot master......

Comment

Hey guys
                        I wrote this poem for you guys, just to express how I feel, in terms of being here for you guys. I was kinda inspired.
                        Sorta cheesy/maybe a bit weird but really it is how I feel...

The windows of my soul
                        are made of two way glass
                        Come and look into my eyes
                        And if there's something you want to know,
                        just ask

Tell me, who is your guardian angel?
                        Because that's who I will be
                        I may not be perfect
                        But I've got more love than you can see

Just reach out your hands
                        My hands are here to hold
                        I want to touch your smile
                        If I may be so bold.

I'd fight your demons with my love
                        Love is stronger than your pain
                        Love is stronger than your sorrow
                        Love will guide you through the rain.

Love you.
                        Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Jen, I have tears in my eyes. That is beautiful!!! I love you too.........:h

Comment

Hi Jennah - that is a cool poem!

I just wanted to say that I may have taken Lush's post the wrong way - but I'm having a shit time at the moment; and it is only here that I can even begin to talk about it.

I know what Lush is saying is that we should always try and be positive - and I have done some good things with my drinking recently; but I'm letting things slip and need to give myself a good KICK UP THE BUTT cos otherwise I'll be back to my own personal square one!

Love I x
                            Don't cry because it's over - smile because it happened
                            :whee:

Comment

Jenneh...

Not Cheesy...Very good!

You may have a new career there....
                              Control the Mind

Comment

The Pink Dress!! Thank you "Angels"!:h

There was this little girl sitting by herself in the park.

Everyone passed by her and never stopped to see why she looked so
                                sad.

Dressed in a worn pink dress, barefoot and dirty, the girl just sat
                                and watched the people go by.

She never tried to speak.

She never said a word.

Many people passed by her, but no one would stop.

The next day I decided to go back to the park in curiosity to see if
                                the little girl would still be there.

Yes, she was there, right in the ve ry spot where she was yesterday,
                                and still with the same sad look in her eyes.

Today I was to make my own move and walk over to the little girl.

For as we all know, a park full of strange people is not a place for
                                young children to play alone.

As I got closer I could see the back of the little girl's dress.

It was grotesquely shaped.

I figured that was the reason people just passed by and made no
                                effort to speak to her.

Deformities are a low blow to our society and, heaven forbid if you
                                make a step toward assisting someone who is different.
                                As I got closer, the little girl lowered her eyes slightly to avoid
                                my intent stare.

As I approached her, I could see the shape of her back more clearly.

She was grotesquely shaped in a humped over form.

I smiled to let her know it was OK; I was there to help, to talk.

I sat down beside her and opened with a simple, "Hello."

The little girl acted shocked, and stammered a "Hi " after a long
                                stare into my eyes.

I smiled and she shyly smiled back.

We talked until darkness fell and the park was completely empty.

I asked the girl why she was so sad.

The little girl looked at me with a sad face said, "Because, I'm
                                different."

I immediately said, "That you are," and smiled.

The little girl acted even sadder and said, "I know."

"Little girl," I said, "you remind me of an angel, sweet and
                                innocent."

She looked at me and smiled, then slowly she got to her feet and
                                said,
                                "Really?"

"Yes, you're like a little Guardian Angel sent to watch over all the
                                people walking by."

She nodded her head yes, and smiled.

With that she opened the back of her pink dress and allowed her Wings
                                to spread, then she said "I am."

"I'm your Guardian Angel," with a twinkle in her eye.

I was speechless -- sure I was seeing things.

She said, "For once you thought of someone other than yourself. My
                                job here is done".

I got to my feet and said, " Wait, why did no one stop to help an
                                Angel?"

She looked at me, smiled, and said, "You're the only one that could
                                see me," and then she was gone.

And with that, my life was changed dramatically.

So, when you think you're all you have, remember, your angel is
                                always watching over you.
                                "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Working...
                                X