Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

st pattys day

Hello lovely people
    Just wondering how people did for st patty's day?
    My hubby is hung over on the couch.
    While I didnt 'moderate' by most people's standards, i feel good because i paced myself and didnt drink TOO much etc.
    But i have never seen more drunk people in my life! I wonder - how do people manage these types of holidays? Because I find the temptation to just 'let go' was definitely there.....the thing that kept me sane was a good friend who is also trying to moderate...anyone else have any tips?
    Love you all
    Jen
    Over 4 months AF :h

st pattys day

Hi Jen,

We 'wimped out' and stayed home, well done for pacing yourself, If I were out with a drinking crowd I would have definitely drank too much.....

Love Paula xx
    sigpicXXX

Comment

st pattys day

We stayed home too. Safer that way and plus it was snowing too much to get out anyway.

Glad to hear you are feeling so good Jen and isn't funny when you watch all the drunks and think, wow that was me. It really puts everything in perspective.
      "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

st pattys day

We stayed in as well, but a couple of weeks ago I went to a concert at a tavern. To see all of those people getting drunk, knowing I was moderating and chugging water and would feel good in the morning was such an awesome thing. Glad you did well Jen!!!
        I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

st pattys day

It is such a life change not to be one of the partiers on St. Pattys, I am learning so much from everyone here that my perspective on life is changing. I did great no beer at all, today though I will have to watch myself I have found that I sometimes like to reward myself for being good on the holiday then overdue it the day after.

Glad for you Jen and lushy, beaches and betty
          Sammys

Comment

st pattys day

Hey Jenneh, Husband was out of town, So I chatted last night. My 1st time on the MWO boards really enjoyed it. Then @ 3am My Golden retriever had to do some business. So this morning I have a sleep hangover drank 2 pots of coffee. Can I come over and paint your house? I'm really jumping. By the way did you google doodlebops?.Move the husband off your couch before he makes a ass dent in your cushions. That's what I tell my husband when he tries to sleep on the couch. Or else new couch!!
            Too Much caffiene
            Mar

Comment

st pattys day

the famous st patty's day. i fail to understand why everyone goes out to celebrate the running out and murdering pagans in ireland. not snakes folks....people. put your green away next year and wear a shirt with a snake on it and show the world you know what your celebrating.

ok off my soapbox know good jobs for not being out of control on drunken day.

Comment

st pattys day

So glad to have your wit back here on the boards Mojo! I am not into the whole bar scene so, I went out to dinner and the Symphony with my mom...very elegant evening.
                Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

st pattys day

In Denver you can not find a glass of water or a soda at the St. Patty's Day celebration. My moderation was quickly replaced by a good dose of booze and I don't recall looking back. I have a lot of that good ole Irish guilt this morning though I am determined to start anew with my cd's tomorrow and I also up my dosage of Topa tomorrow. I had been doing so very well until yesterday and I can't stop questioning why at some point my inner good girl doesn't yell "STOP" at the top of its lungs.
                  To those of you who made it through another BS holiday I congratulate you fully! (my friend asked why as an Irish person I wasn't dressed in green and I believe I grabbed her drink and just gave her a dirty look that said "are you that stupid?")

Comment

Working...
                  X