Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tantalising Tuesday

Hi Everyone,

Had a rough couple of days in a personal crisis - not drinking related -- but sure depression related. Will post tommorrow. Keep up with all of the tips -- like the CDs,etc. it really helps. "You are my inspiration"...we need an oldies song thread...

Love, C

Comment

Tantalising Tuesday

Aww C, sorry you are feeling down. I will not call you a witchy bitch for a while then. Hope you are on the upswing.........
      I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Tantalising Tuesday

Fan,
        that hop, skipping, little jumping man is quite distracting...cute though
        "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Tantalising Tuesday

Mind Set

Lushy... It is totally a mind set thing for me. I was AF for 9 years. During that time I just accepted what I was told in AA that I was "powerless" and there was only 1 way. That worked for a while but it is in my nature to always question and I began to question what I was being told "I was" and what I really felt deep inside. You see I never took the opportunity BEFORE I did the AA thing to investigate my own relationship with alcohol. All I know is I lived in a "party" ski town for 13 years as well as held a high profile Chef position in restaurants for my job. I had issues I never dealt with as a child and all of these things combind along with the fact "drinking" all day most days is somewhat "Normal" in the environment I was in had me drinking all the time and never really giving it much thought. I did the hiding thing only when my partner at the time would "watch" me. That was a trip in itself because they drank too. What I am getting at is I am now struggling with trying to reprogram my brain to not view drinking so DARK! I am doing MODS very well right now and I am at or below the "norm" for USA so what's the big deal? The big deal is the stigma of being told for years that NO ONE EVER GOES TO AA AND THEN DRINKS NORMALLY! I don't know about that because I am too new but I will find out and I am glad I am here! Is there someone else out there who has gone down the AA road for a time and is here in MODS? Please share with me your experience.....
          Thanks!
          Jules

Comment

Working...
          X