Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking Thursday (29th March)

Good Morning All Muffins!

I am thinking today as I found out last night that I got up to far worse stuff at the weekend than I remember. This has really shocked me - I am ashamed and embarassed. It has highlighted again to me that I really do need to make a conscious effort to mod - rather than just 'hope' that it will happen.

Anyway - hope everyone has a great day - will try and check in later

I x
    Don't cry because it's over - smile because it happened
    :whee:

Ilex, I want to thank you for posting that, we have a huge party on saturday night that I have organised, it is a fundraiser for my daughters school, We are having a kid's party just for adults, sounds bizarre but we are all dressing in fancy dress and playing pass the parcel and stuff, anyway usually I end up being told what I did the following day, but thanks to you posting that i've just decidied that I will drive.... THANKYOU!!!!

Much love & hugs to all to come

Love Paula xx
    sigpicXXX

Comment

Morning Ilex and Betty,

Hope everyone has a great day. Thank you all for your support yesterday. Today is a new day and I'm feeling better about everything. I am listening to "Strange Son" by the Co-Founders of the Cure Autism Now foundation and it's quite inspiring.

Be happy
      "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Beaches, I don't have nearly as much time as I would like to catch up with everyone, but I'm thinking of you too!!

Comment

HI everyone, back from vacation and it was very nice weather. I have alot of work this week so off I am will check in later.

P.S. I missed everyone even though I was only gone a few days

Sammys

Comment

Good thinking Betty! Like your style and well done for being so proactive!!

xx
            Don't cry because it's over - smile because it happened
            :whee:

Comment

Morning everyone -

Oh Ilex - I've been there. I think we've all been there and its no fun. Thanks for posting - its a good reminder as the weekend approaches - as Paula said.

Beaches, SM, Sammy - good to see you.

Make it a good one guys - love to all who follow!
              Hawk

Comment

Question: What do rich folk daydream and visualize about?
                Answer: Yeah, whatever they want.

Question: And what do poor folk daydream and visualize about?
                Answer: Yeah, whatever they want.

You're coming along so quickly,
                **** The Universe

Ilex, that is a great thought, to set out a plan. I have found myself in party positions without knowing that was going to happen. Keeping an L-glut and some kudzu in my purse has helped when I felt new enough to this to feel panicky. I am still avoiding going to one couple's house as she smokes like a chimney and the alcohol does NOT stop! Still feel a little wobbly on that front - geez it has been a year!

Paula, great idea! Good for you and I hope you have a ton of fun!

Beaches, that book sounds really interesting.

SM Mary - hey good to see you here, why is your mood "crappy?" (There is not one in there for freezing my bu** off in here! or headache w/o hangover!)

Sammys did you have a nice trip? care to share?

Hawk, feeling any better today? You sound cheery!

Went to the chiropractor yesterday and he was moving parts going hhhhhhmmmm, oh, yes, hhhhhhhmmmm, interesting. When finished he had marked my spine about 7 places and said, I love a challenge. We will see if he helps. Anyone putting heat on their injuries or sore spots as I do, living with the heating pad - he said that just inflames it. Go for ice. Thought I would pass that bit of wisdom on.

today is a killer busy day. I really am missing my young man's help.

Hugs and Love to all to come,
                Mary

Comment

Ilex, you are so right... we have all been there, but just "spilling" about it usually is signaling a desire to get back on track!

Okay, so my daughter "officially" has Shingles. The doctor was like, "I seriously doubt it is Shingles, but lets have a peek." I told the doctor that having had it myself, I was quite certain. She looked at it and did the exam, and then said to my daughter, "You should listen to your mom!" And then, if that's not bad enough, she woke up yesterday with a "cyst" that just emerged in the land down under. She refused to let me "peek" (she is 16), but she said it hurt so bad and was convinced she had cancer or something. She called me from school (this is my intelligent daughter who is taking Neurobiology and wants to go into medical research) and asked me how big "our eggs" are. She just "wanted to know" because she had her period two weeks ago and since she knows she is ovulating, she thought maybe the egg got dislodged from her ovary and "dropped" into her groin area? I was laughing SO hard. I was like, "Sweetie", your eggs are the size of a pencil tip, not these speckled chocolate easter eggs you are seeing at the store! Turns out she has "folliculitis" which is a complicated way to say that she has an infected hair follicle from shaving her bikini area. So there you have it ladies.... bring on the Belgian wax!!
                  What happens in Vegas goes straight to Ohio....

Comment

OH MY GOD ALLIE

You didn't tell me the part about the egg!!! LMAO!!! They are sooooo grown up and so little at the same time!!! That is just too funny for words..I am crying with laughter. Bless her heart!!!!!!!!

Gosh, I hope she is feeling better... That one goes with my son's question about when to trim his armpit hair LOL Just too funny.

Hope you all are well

Back to work

Beth
                    formerly known as bak310

Comment

Oh Allie - I am laughing so hard! That is just too funny. But I do hope she feels better. Shingles stink.
                      Hawk

Comment

Morning everyone!

Allie, your poor daughter. I hear shingles are really painful. And the egg story makes me so not miss my teenage years. Poor thing.

Sammy, where did you go? Details please.

Soccermom sorry you are feeling crappy today. Love these mood thingys though.

Another busy day for me so cannot personally address everyone, but I hope you all have a good one!!!
                        I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Funny story Allie....she would probably also have heart palpatations in addition if she knew you posted !!! LOL Busy here as well...back to work...I'll check in later!
                          Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

Allie, that is pretty funny. I feel sorry for your daughter though, I hear shingles are painful.

Ilex, I really have to keep a close "watch" on myself as well. It's so easy when I have days off to go overboard... I try to keep myself busy, then I don't have time to "obsess" over it. I've found if I go for a nice long hike or bike ride I'm safe... I can only carry so much with me! LOL
                            MKR, heat just sounds much more comforting than ice. BRRRR Maybe a hot spring with a roll in the snow! I miss that about Colorado. Just talked to a friend there, who's on his way to go soak in the hot springs where I used to work. Speaking of, have you ever been to Hemez hot springs, near Taos?or Los Alamos...? They're on a hillside so there's a waterfall of hot water, it's beautiful!

PP, hope your day is less stressed than yesterday. You sound better.

Lush, where are ya going for a vacation? Didn't I read that yesterday?

Betty have fun @ your party! Are ya gonna play "spin the bottle" too?

Hi Hawk, feeling better?

So Beth, did he trim it?

Welcome back Sammys! Where were ya at?

I went for a nice hike yesterday at the Cape. Didn't see any whales, it was really windy & rough. I watched a crab boat way down below, near the cliffs... those guys are insane!

Hope everyone has a great day! It's my Monday... but not till 4.
                            :l Judie
                            The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Allie, that is so funny. My husband had shingles a while ago and it's very painful, poor her. I can almost imagine that conversation - 16 is so dramatic. lol
                              Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Working...
                              X