Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuesday April 24, 2007

Good Tuesday Morning Muffins!

Four days until I run/walk the 13.1 mile 1/2 marathon in Louisville. It will be my first one, wish me luck!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

You all mean so much to me:l
    :h :h :h :h

Tuesday April 24, 2007

Good Morning oh sparkly one .... Godd Luck with the marathon!!!!!

I'm still stuck in the office for ever :upset: ......

Much love & many hugs to all to come :h :l :h

Allie, how are you today?????

Paula xx
    sigpicXXX

Comment

Tuesday April 24, 2007

Good luck with the marathon!

Hope today is a better one for you Allie.

In a bad place myself so not a lot to say here except have a good day everyone.
      Hawk

Comment

Tuesday April 24, 2007

Hawk, here's a hug for you if it helps :l
        sigpicXXX

Comment

Tuesday April 24, 2007

Morning all - just catching up on the postings - Allie - hope you're feeling more up today - I know what it's like to be at that place and you CAN get past that and it IS better - wanted to thank you all again for your support during hubby's heart thing. We're doing great now. We're both moderating more (yeah!!) By the way, I had an excellent checkup at the doctor's and am now in the process of searching for a puppy for myself. Today is yard work day. Am sending positive thoughts and strength out to you all as well as hugs.
          OP

Comment

Tuesday April 24, 2007

Good luck with the marathon, R! That's quite impressive.

Hawk, hope you are doing better soon.

Betty, get out of that office!

What kind of puppy are you getting optimist?

MKR-Yes my son's meeting went excellent and we got everything we asked for and I am so happy about that. Thanks for offering me your contact, that gave me such peace of mind.
            Thanks to all of you and your support as well.

We are also in the search for a new puppy. Taking our time though. Our plate is pretty full right now.

Hope you all have a nice day!

Good morning everyone.
            "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Tuesday April 24, 2007

Hawk :huggy

Hugs to you.
              :h :h :h :h

Comment

Tuesday April 24, 2007

Wow R, good luck on the marathon. You must really be in good shape after training for that.

Optimist nice to see you around again. Glad you and hubby are doing well.

Hawk, as always I am sending you hugs.

Betty, are you finding time to continue to beat us at all the arcade games?

Beaches, a puppy is a lot to add to the plate but the kids would love it. Speaking of dogs mine has been limping lately and we are worried he might need surgery as labs are known to have ACL issues or something like that. Thankfully I have pet insurance or I would really be stressing. Hopefully it is nothing.

Allie, hope you are better today.

MKR, sounds like you really need some downtime for a while. Hope you get it.

To all of the rest have a great Tuesday!!! Hugs to all of you!!
                I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Tuesday April 24, 2007

There's so much time in a day. You could have breakfast, lunch and dinner on 3 different continents. You could outline the book you're going to write, start the screenplay adaptation, and watch "Gone With The Wind," before the sun even sets. Spend a day at work, and still have 16 hours left over. Or you could just think 10,000 different thoughts as you tool all over. Hey, the record for climbing Mt. Everest is under 9 hours, leaving 15 to nap and go Yeti searching.

There's so much time in a day. So much.

You're rich,
                  **** The Universe

Sometimes I think that free time is the ultimate luxury in life!

R, outstanding!! Wow, how did I miss that you were preparing for this? Way to go!!

Hawk, sweetie, I am so sorry you feel sad. BIG hugs.

Betty, yes, get out of that store!!

Beaches, I wish my "contact" would have been more help! So glad that you are all settled with that program though!

Lushy, sorry about your lab. I hope it is not some big surgery deal. And thanks, I do need some down time. My in laws head back to NY tomorrow so that should help a little!!

Sammys, you crack me up with your, Blackbelt in Bitchin title.

Pixie, good mods goals!! AF it is until Friday. Great!

Paula, I really am pretty typical Capricorn. You too? Totally focused and overworked in my studio!! Funny thing was I was actually due mid February which would have made me Aquarius or Pisces.

Waves, almost finished with the house? I know you have been working like crazy on that.

Allie, it is all part of the "works in progress" that we are. Dilayne is right, we each have our own mountain to climb and get through to the other side. Issues that brought us to this place in our lives to start. It is overwhelming work though, but well worth it!! Glad your doctor is helpful.

Hope everyone else is doing well today.

Hugs and Love,
                  Mary

Comment

Tuesday April 24, 2007

Hi gang,
                    Thanks for asking... not feeling much better, but am doing some definite positive changes in lots of areas to hopefully get out of this funk. Spending a lot of time reading books assigned by my counselor and making notes. I feel like that cartoon where its sunny everwhere except for the big black cloud right over my head. Everywhere I move, it follows me. yuck. Very heart heavy.

Optimist and Beaches.... how fun puppy searching! I still remember the excitement when we brought home our six week old puppy on Christmas Eve five years ago. She's still such a joy. She is sitting here with her paw on my leg and a ball in her mouth as I type, clearly sensing I am sad and trying to cheer me up!

Hawk -- hugs to you too, and hope you know how much your loved around here!

BB -- your bubbly personality always makes me smile. Thanks.

I've gotten my work out in, so hopefully some feel-good endorphins will kick in soon that I dont have to feel guilty about!

Hope everyone has a great day!
                    Allie
                    What happens in Vegas goes straight to Ohio....

Comment

Tuesday April 24, 2007

Hi All -
                      The last couple of days have been really crappy. I got triggered by the sound of a motorcycle on Sunday, and haven't been able to function since. I just knew that the motorcycle was Jim, coming home...
                      Today, I've decided that it's a good day to just load up the pup, grab the camera, and go wandering. See what I can see kind of thing.
                      Hope everyone else is having a good day.
                      :teeter:

Comment

Tuesday April 24, 2007

Sending positive vibes to Allie, Hawk and Gypsi. Hope you find something today to make yourself smile. I know these types of emotions can be triggers so be on the look out!!

Rach, my thighs ache thinking about a marathon! Not my bag baby that's for sure!

My life has been very hectic and overwhelming. I was booked solid this weekend and have a very busy week at work, son's bday in two weeks with much to plan, mother's day, a conference in Orlando and Disney for Memorial day followed by the Bahamas for hubby's 40th bday with a bunch more social commitments and work deadlines sprinkled on top for good measure. Looking at my schedule right now is a HUGE trigger so I have decided to be AF for a while. When I am in this frame of mind I cannot moderate and can "push through" any kudzu. So, none for me until my attitude changes.
                        Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

Tuesday April 24, 2007

PP sounds like a good idea, with the none till you feel differently about things, I think that might work for me this week. I have lots to do and sometimes I feel that having a few beers is the way I get to justify taking a break from everything I have to do. Of course a few can lead to more so its none me either right now.

Everyone I say HI!!
                          Sammys

Comment

Tuesday April 24, 2007

Hi Everybody.

Allie, sorry you're still down under, but it sounds like you have a good plan. Keeping busy is important -- hope you have time to take a nice long walk on the beach -- that sometimes seems to cheer you up. Stay well -- you continue to be in my prayers.

Gee, Hawk, I hope you feel better soon. If there is anything I can do, please PM me, even if you just need someone where you'd like to let loose! You are such a great person and have been so helpful to me on more than one occasion -- really hope things turn around for you!

MKR-Mary, looks like you win for being the most overworked!!!! Hope you get to have some fun soon!!! How is your son settling into his new role in Pharmacy school?

Betty Boop - sound like you need some fun too! Too bad you, me, and MKR-Mary can't connect in some "slow down and enjoy like party" together!!

OP! A dog -- I love dogs -- what kind are you thinking of getting?

Lushy - I didn't remember that you had a lab -- what kind? My yellow lab just passed away this year. I want so badly to get another, but I want to wait until Congress is out of session so that I can have time with the little pup.

Q- congratulations on your marathon! That will be a fun experience for you. My husband used to run when we first met. I would stand on corners at various points with Gatorade to drink and squirt bottles of water for quick refreshing "bath". We both had lots of fun!

Beaches, I am so happy to hear about your son!!! How terrific!!! I have really been praying for you on that!! That is just great news!!!

Well, I too am finally coming up for air, as some of my projects and responsibilities are settling down!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!!

My son's college process is over!!! Decided! Done!! That had to be one of the most agonizing experiences either of us have ever been through. Now that the dust has settled he has decided to pursue his undergraduate degree at The Johns Hopkins University as a physics major before going on to law school somewhere. At JHU he hopes to be involved with one of the many freshman research projects with NASA (there are two physics buildings -- one is owned by NASA and it is where they run the Hubble Space Telescope). I am delighted that he has received full scholarship for tuition, room, board, books, and supplies. Bothing getting into colleges and finding money for them have been insanely tedious!!

I am also happy to announce that the internet store has finally hit the internet press just today and we are getting great feedback. Creating that thing and working on programming for two months in and out of Beta Testing was driving me nuts. I'm not a computer person -- I'm more of a peoples' person -- talking to machines is not healthy for me. Now that it is up, I get to do the fun stuff -- meeting designers/buyers, etc. and being the consultant for the organic friendly clothing. It is a women's business and attire and classic clothing/accessories online offered in organic or environmentally friendly processes. It is called Green Living Classic Collections and can be found at (www.greenlvingclassiccollections) Green Living Classic Collections, Environmentally-Friendly Women's Business Attire & Classic Clothing. I'd love for my friends here to take a look and tell me what you think. I'm really scared I'm making an absolute a****s our of myself -- and you guys are always so gentle when telling someone that they are being nuts!!! Is this what they call mid-life crisis????

Well, my love to all!!! Hope you all have a wonderful day!!! I just got back from a breakfast meeting with Congressmen on Global Warming -- can you believe, after a report from over 990 scientists in the World saying humans are a major factor in Global warming, there are actually legislative leaders who refuse to acknowledge it!! Frightening!!!

Love to all!!!

Monica
                            Saving the day one minute at a time!

Comment

Tuesday April 24, 2007

Hi, Gypsi, and all who followed; we were posting at the same time.

Gypsi, I'm sorry that had to happen. But, you are very strong, and you will continue to move forward even though some setback may occur. You are such an incredible person. I really admire your strength!!! I think it is a great idea to get out and enjoy the Spring air!!!

PP, it sounds like you need to join the "slow down and enjoy life" party with me! We could have such a great time!!! All kidding aside, I hope you get a chance to enjoy Spring!!! SOON!!!

Sammys, I am with you on that one!!! I have always looked at my wine as a destresser, relaxation tool. That is why I now drink only during cocktail hour on most days, and I plan an evening activity. By doing it this way. I complete my days work, have a couple glasses of wine, switch to ice tea during dinner, go for my exercise that then get back into whatever I have planned for the evening. It really helps to deal with the "relaxation tool" attitude towards drinking -- at least, it has worked well for me.

Also, I cannot get my URL to print right here. I'm not sure why, I haven't had any trouble sending it to other friends. Anyway, it is what is in parentheses with a com on the end.

Love to all -- have a great day!

Monica
                              Saving the day one minute at a time!

Comment

Working...
                              X