5/22/07

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5/22/07

Do you have the My Way Out book? If not get it, in fact get two copies--one for you and one for your hubby. Ask him to read it. Let him read posts from here. There are non-drinking spouses you participate in the dialogue, too. My husband sounds a little like yours. Once we argued about my drinking, I knew it was time to make changes. He hasn't been to the counselor with me yet, but I do believe he is noticing that I am drinking much less often (especially at home alone). And we've tried to socialize with friends a little more often so that its is more socially acceptable to have a few drinks in that setting. Plus, I actually moderate better in public than I do at home. AA may work wonders for some, but its all or nothing mentality can be very overwhelming. I have cut back significantly since joining. I still drink. I am just drinking less and less often. Good luck.

Julie

Comment

5/22/07

Hi all,
      Just a quick check-in. Am really busy. betty- you have a lot on your plate this week. Am thinking about you.:l

Tumadre- are you jumping back in? You can have your caption back if you like.

Love to all as always
      Waves
      Enough is enough

Comment

Working...
      X