X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thursday 31st May

Good Morning Muffs and Muffin Men ... Hope that today finds you all well,

Where is everybody?????

Today in the UK the weather is awful, typical school holidays really ....

Have a good day everyone,

BB xxx
    sigpicXXX

Thursday 31st May

Good morning BB!

Weird weather here today as well. Looks like rain although none was predicted. Another mods night and feeling good about that. Hoping for another AF in the next few days.

Comment

Thursday 31st May

I have never started a new Thread...

So I don't know how to begin.. But here goes, I am 4 days AF - and am feeling extremely anxious and afraid. I've been drinking at least a pint of Vodka a night for the past few weeks, (months) and now I feel very worried about what might happen stopping altogether.

I'm not unaware of what may happen, but was wondering if anyone has done the same, and what your experiences were. I don't why I feel so worried at this point, I've worked in the Mental Health field for the past 20 some years, but just left my job to help take care of my mom.

Thanks Kali

Comment

Thursday 31st May

Kali, well done on your 4 days ..... WOW ....

Im not sure of what might happen, I would have thought that you would have the worst over by now .....

Perhaps if you post this in general aw well you might get more response as a lot of people don't check in here ...

All the best and well Done again ...

BB xx
        sigpicXXX

Comment

Thursday 31st May

Thanks Betty,

I think I may be having a mild panic attack.... Last two nights horrific nightmares..

Thanks again.

Kali

Comment

Thursday 31st May

Take a deep breath and try to relax ..... panic attacks are very scary but they do go away .....
            sigpicXXX

Comment

Thursday 31st May

from newbies in need...

Hi all

I have been doing the Newbies in Need daily thread for May and found it really useful.

Do you keep track with each other every day on this moderation thread?

Wonder if someone can explain how you do it? do you post a thread every day?
              If so i might come on over here and join.

My aims are to learn moderation on weekends, no drinking at home alone and refrain where possible socially on weekdays.

Comment

Thursday 31st May

Hi Nancy, yes one of us starts a thread every day and we all check in with how we are doing ....

Welcome to mods!!!!

BB xx
                sigpicXXX

Comment

Thursday 31st May

Mornin' Ya'll!

Kali, I think like Betty said probably the worst of it is over if you've already gotten 4 days AF under your belt- And Congrats! By the way... That's GREAT!:goodjob: I have nightmares for a few nights whenever I stop as well. Although a pint a day doesn't sound like that much to me ... Keep breathing.

:welcome: Nancy! Good to see you.

Betty & Ducky, I hope your weather gets better soon. Maybe come for a visit to the Nothwest US. It's been beautiful here this spring!

I've got to head into town for a meeting this AM so I'd better get in gear. have a great day everybody.

Peace & Hugs,
                  Judie
                  The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Thursday 31st May

Morning Betty, Ducky, Nancy, Judie and welcome Kali, Sounds like mod land is in pretty good shape today. I am doing so much better myself and want to just say I attibute that to the huge cut back in drinking and all the support I have found here.

Sammys

Comment

Thursday 31st May

It's not a matter of whether or not you can afford it, swing it, or handle it.

It's a question of whether or not I can.

And I can.

****The Universe
                      ---------------------------------------

Good news!! My son's biopsy came back without one cancer cell in it. She wants to see him again in 6 months, which we can deal with very well. WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! I finally slept a full 8 hours last night. I have been running on nervous energy since he showed me that growth on Mother's Day. My dad is hanging in, out of intensive care and looking pretty good. May get to go home in a few days. Took my mom to her doctors' appointments yesterday. She is loosing her deer in the headlights, expression, which is also GREAT!!

Throughout all of this I have hardly had a drink so that has been good. I now have to be VERY careful as my MO is to fall apart AFTER a crisis not during it. I am going to try and keep an eye on myself and maybe take some kudzu and l-glut over the next couple days just to bypass that I deserve to party thought process.

BB, I am glad you are going to get to go to Florida. That should be a lot of fun!! I saw Maddy's parents on CNN last night. The heartbreak of watching them go through this, sigh.

Ducky, did anyone tell you yet how wonderfully you are doing on this mods program? You are working steadily along, day in day out!! Good JOB!!

Kali, you too on 4 days!!! I should think that 4 days you are through the worst of it. I use to go through a fifth of rum every couple days, I went cold turkey also. I had some sweats the first few nights and did NOT sleep well. In a couple weeks you can count on some wonderful sleep patterns coming into play and not so much of that anxiety, it sort of disappears. Keep coming back here, we do try to check in close to daily with each other. Great support group here in mods! WELCOME!

Nancy, good plan you are putting into place! Keep at it dear.

Judie, so glad your weather is nice and it is giving you a chance to get out on that water! Sounds wonderful!!

Great job Sammys!!!

Hugs and Love to all here and those to come later in the day,
                      Mary

Comment

Thursday 31st May

Judie, your weather sounds great! Sammys, I am glad you are doing better. This site has helped me too! Mary, thanks for the encouragement. I am thrilled to hear your news. I also stand strong during a crisis then fall apart when it is over. You seem so strong. I believe you will continue to do well.

Off to walk the dogs and run errands. BBL.

Comment

Thursday 31st May

Mary, that is fantastic news. So pleased that things are finally on the up.:l

Love to all of you as always
                          Waves
                          Enough is enough

Comment

Thursday 31st May

hi kitty here, it sounds to me like you've been helping people all your life, and now its time to help yourself a little its proving difficult, maybe thats why you're in the helping trade.. sorting other people out is always a good distraction, I'm only saying this cause I know wherr you're coming from...for god sake give yourself a break you're in a really difficult situation...look after your spirit I promise the body will follow,
                            love and best wishes, kitty xx

Comment

Thursday 31st May

Hello Muffins,
                              Mary -- such great news about your son!!! Wow!!! what a relief. & parents too! So glad. I too am like that...go straight through the crisis...then crash

I don't know why I forget about posting here. I post everyday somewhere but...I am so not a routine person..I get busy & one tracked.or is it scatter brained...not good..

Anyway..
                              kali..congrats..huge accomplishment...I don't know but it sounds like the others do.. that your worst is probably over...maybe you need some vitamins & good food. Anyway these guys know everything..so I would stop worrying...Judie is a Saint you know & Saints know

So glad you are feeling better about yourself sammy. How is your garden?

I am OK...think about 100% abs a lot these days...my capacity has gone down the past 6 mo yr & I easily get a hangover with just a few drinks...I am tired of that..its stupid

Comment

Working...
                              X