Friday 1st June ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday 1st June ...

Morning all, hope that today finds you well.....

I'm not in a good place this morning, if you catch up on brightfields threads in general you will see why .....

Love & hugs to all ..

BB xxx
    sigpicXXX

Friday 1st June ...

Following is my original post that was deleted. But first : Betty, sorry you are feeling low. When we PM we feel a special closeness to that person and it is a comfort. perhaps we tell that person things that we don't tell others and therefore feel a little vulnerable. However, we can't be responsible for their total well-being. When I first read the thread I assumed the friend had died. That is not the case. You can still be there for support but just not in the same way. Hope Brightfield realises that and comes back. Try not to feel guilty.:l

Hi all to come.

A new month a new resolution. I have joined the 30 days mods thread; hoping for 100% success this month. AF tonight in memory of Kanga.

Have you any aims for this month?

Today I am going out with my friend. Her husband has just left her; the day before their 24th wedding anniversary. I can't believe it -so it's no wonder she is struggling.

I feel like slapping him. Could do with Lushy's strength!

Had a lovely day yesterday buying loads of toys and a toy box for when my precious little grand-daughter comes to visit. She is almost 16 months old and her favourite word is "nooooo" said in a sing-songy voice. Don't they start having their own mind early?

Wishing all of you every success for June and sending
    Love to all as always
    Waves
    Enough is enough

Comment

Friday 1st June ...

Good morning Waves and Betty,
      I have been following Brights posts. I hope he checks in and Betty I too thought that someone had died. I didn't realize he was talking about you. This must be so hard for you as well.

That's a good question about goals for the month of June. I will need to think more about that. I feel like I have been winging it lately. Hubbie and I have been in a state of stress because I feel he should be doing more around the house with the kids and he enjoys the TV too much....

Have a great Friday!!
      "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Friday 1st June ...

Hi all, haven't read the Brightfield thread yet but will do so now. Betty you are a wonderful friend, the kind that lasts, the kind we all know are worth having so whatever has happened please be strong.

Goals for June - To be good to myself, to treat myself well and to hold my head up high.

L
        Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

Friday 1st June ...

Joining the mod crowd

Hi all

So here I am on the edge of a weekend. This weekend, hope to put some moderation skills to the test. I am going to try to restart hypno practice. I am not that patient so this is a challenge. Tomorrow, I will start with clearing one and two.

It will be nice to check in with you all. I want to see if I can moderate for the whole weekend, then stay AF most of the weekdays next week.

About Brightfield, I didn't assume someone had died.

It was a very cryptic message but it could have been any kind of loss.

Glad it wasn't a death.

Comment

Friday 1st June ...

Hi everyone,

I have a goal to stay mods all month. I want to have some more af days as well.

Betty, sorry you are feeling low.
            Nancy, good luck with mods this w/e. You can do it!

Hi to Beaches, Waves, tea. Have a great day!

Comment

Friday 1st June ...

Hello everyone, Betty will go catch up on posts this was my first stop this morning. Be back later everyone.

Big giant hug to everyone!!
              Sammys

Comment

Friday 1st June ...

Good morning all! I am new to this thread. I made a promise to myself to be 30 days AF before moderating. Did that, and so here I am, but may decide to stay AF. Anyway, if I have a glass of wine, I won't be kicking myself for breaking AF, especially if it really IS just one. I've been listening to the hypno CDs, cutting caffeine out, but now on 1 cup of black tea each morning, but going a heavier on the carbs than I ought.
                "There are two types of education... One should teach us how to make a living, And the other how to live.? ― John Adams

Comment

Friday 1st June ...

Hi all,

Zincityzen, welcome to mods, well done for your af days ....
                  sigpicXXX

Comment

Friday 1st June ...

Morning everyone!

I have the house to myself again this weekend (I know any mom out there wants to wring my neck, sorry!!!) and have made a promise to myself that I am not inviting anyone over or going anywhere like I did last weekend. Time to get my house project done.

Betty, sorry you are feeling low.

Waves, my goals for June are to stick with M-Th of every week AF. I have not had an AF day in a while and it is time. I have been listening to a lot of Wayne Dyer CDs and reading some positive thinking books to get me in the right mindset. I am feeling really good about it all. And I will gladly bitch-slap anyone who needs it.

Including your hubby Beaches. Let me know.

Sammy, you sound like you are in a good place. So glad for that.

Zin, Nancy, Ducky, Tea good to hear from you and hope you have a wonderful weekend.

To all of the rest of the lovely muffs I send hugs!!
                    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Friday 1st June ...

Mornin' everybody!

I took a little mini vacation yesterday & drove down to California (it's only 40 miles) for some shoe shopping! I needed new work shoes.. But since I found some good ones on sale I decided I could get a few other things... There's a boutique near the beach that has the cutest stuff! A lot of it is consignment, it's fairly inexpensive, but great quality. I got 3 sundresses & 2 scarf/ shawls w/ sequins & beads, ...they're georgeous! Plus I got some cute new sandals for kayaking! Have to fashionable on the river...

I have my Uncles funeral to go to on Sunday, one of the dresses I got is dark colored, but w/flowers... he loved to raise orchids, so I think that one will be appropriate for the service.
                      My sister is coming over from Idaho, she she'll be here tonight. There's a lot of Family in town, I haven't seen in a very long time. Glad I was able to get Sunday off from work. Not looking forward to the service, I know I'll be a blubbering mess.. but it'll be great to see everyone. I'm taking a casserole over to Aunt Alice's today before I go to work. She has a major house full. (five of their kids...plus grandkids) I'm sure some of them are at my cousin Cena's just up the road.

Betty, sorry you're feeling down... I haven't read bright's post yet. You're awesome keep that in mind! We love ya!:h

Chrysa, Did you know that St Jude is the "Patron Saint" of lost causes? Part of the reason I picked that name... probably why my Mom picked mine! Talk about "Mother's intuition"!

MKR! Great news! I'm so happy for you. I'm sure you'll do wonderfully. You always do.

Jen, Great to see you!

Waves, enjoy your time with that Grandbaby. Huby & I came up with a new word when we're grumpy or sleepy...it's "Non't" He said it one night while half asleep.. too cute.(kinda drawn out..like a little kid does)

Tea, love your quote!

Lushy, Enjoy your time alone!...It's my Monday already.... Whaaa

Everybody else...Love ya bunches!
                      Huge Hugs!
                      Judie

PS Happy Kanga Day!
                      The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Friday 1st June ...

Morning all. Looking forward to some sun this weekend and gardening.

Betty sorry you feel so low. Sometimes we are unaware of how dependant people are on us early in recovery. You were being a good friend.

My neighbours who are seniors have asked me to provide meals for them 2 - 3 times a week -she is on an oxygen tank, so I can do that.

Great weekend for everyone.
                        Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Friday 1st June ...

hi all. i,m trying AF weekdays (5) and 2 weekend nights moderating for june.Will keep a diary of this to ensure i keep homest with myself..good Luck to you all with your goals.

Regards Cassy

Comment

Friday 1st June ...

Hey everyone! Just a quick hello. I am slammed at work and the day is escaping me and all this rain is slowing me down.

I was AF last night and will be AF again tonight.... respect to Kanga

I have been good with my exercise...did 5 miles yesterday but, eating out of stress and they are cancelling eachother out

Betty I can empathize with your situation..

Lush..have a great weekend..how did you manage that one??

will check in later........
                            Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

Friday 1st June ...

Good afternoon all and happy June!

BB, I am sorry you are feeling down, I read the post. BB, you are such a sweet comforting presence here. We can not be everything to everyone however and that is nothing to feel guilty about. Other people's expectations can be daunting, please do not let this get you down.

Waves, yeah!!! Good job and I am glad you are happy. I just love the thought of a grand baby, one of the reasons I quit drinking and stopped smoking so I could have a grand baby at the house and all would be well with the world! So sorry about your friend.

Beaches, hope you feel better today! Maybe part of hubby not doing as much as you would like has to do with you not feeling well so you are aggravated more so than usual with his lack of help?! I am a clean freak . . . or at least I use to be, I am rather worn down with my husbands messes. He is a great guy in so many ways, I just have to let a lot of that slide and lower my house cleaning expectations!

Tea, great to see you on board!! Good goals for June!

Nancy, about 2 weeks into the CDs it clicked. That thought of not overdoing has stuck with me for a year now. I love the CD's! Moderate with a glass of water in between any drinks and maybe wait until after dinner to start a drink.

Ducky Dear, good plan too. Some AF days in modsville is good. I think it helped set me up towards more mods success.

Sammys, you sound so much better this week. I am so impressed with you taking control of all aspects of your life. I loved hearing enough is enough from you!!

Zincityzen - WOW!! 30 days AF! Congratulations! and WELCOME!!

Lushy, I know you can do the AF thing, I have seen you do it before. Glad you have another weekend for some alone time. We all need that sometimes!

Judie, so sorry about the funeral. It is sad when you end up buying more sympathy cards in a month than birthday cards. Non't I love it!!!

Hilary, I understand cooking all weekend to bring to house bound family and friends! Have a great weekend!!

Cassy, we have a drink tracker on site that makes it even easier than a diary. You get to see the whole month at a glance. Good Luck, know you can do it!!

PP, the stress will slow down in a bit and allow the exercise to catch up and put you where you want to be!

Hope you all have some lovely moments throughout your weekend!

Hugs and Love,
                              Mary

Comment

Working...
                              X