Tuesday 5th June

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuesday 5th June

AF last night even though it was a family outing just like the one which destroyed my mods aspirations just after Christmas. Kept tight control and made myself the designated driver.
    Woohoo!

:l to all who need them.
    :l to all who don't need them.

Love to all as always.
    Waves
    Enough is enough

Tuesday 5th June

Designated driver is a good one - particularly for family do's, lots of kudos there and you get to feel so virtuous and smug as well!

Well, I'm off to Year 10 Careers Night tonight! It's freezing cold and the school hall will certainly NOT be heated so that should be fun - AF though!

luv,

Robin

Comment

Tuesday 5th June

Well done Waves..i use that strategy at times..Driving means i never drink..At least thats one plan i havent as yet broken.

have a fun AF day

regards Cassy

Comment

Tuesday 5th June

Congratulations waves. Well done.
        I am pleased with my feeble little program. 1 topa @ 4 or 5. Eat dinner. 2-3 glassses of wine is all I want. Sleep well. Shocked that the topa is working this time. But very very happy about it.

I hope everyone has a very good day today!!!
        Love~C

Comment

Tuesday 5th June

NIcely done Waves! You must be feeling great this morning.

I have a busy day today so just wanted to pop in and say hi. Have a great day all!!
          I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Tuesday 5th June

Mornin everybody.
            Just popping in to say hello before I head down to my OLCC class this AM. I have to re-new my alcohol server's permit. Basically, pay my "revenue dues" to the state of Oregon... Kinda burns me. After serving alcohol in Arizona & Colorado since 1979... I move back to Oregon, and now I have to take a class & pay $55 every 5 years to "learn" how to do what I've already been doing for 28!

Like I wouldn't now much about that "stuff" anyway... LOL!

I'd better go or I'll be late! If I don't re-new my licence the state can not only fine me... but the cafe owner as well! They just get ya either way... I've never been asked to show mine... but sure enough, if I don't go deal with this it's sure to happen. It's gonna be 4 LONG hours sitting there talking about alcohol & drinking laws...:happy:
            The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Tuesday 5th June

Waves well done !!!

Chrysa that is not a feeble plan my dear...no negative self talk allowed. You got to accentuate the positive....eliminate the negative.....ok I'm singing now

Another busy day...I am being pressured at work to get the other programs up and running but, Human Resources can't hire fast enough so, now I have to do that as well..
              I am excited and nervous...

Hubby turns 40 tomorrow so have to plan a dinner party as well.

oh...I have some exercise questions before I take off into orbit...I will post in the exercise board as well.....I have been walking/running at least 5 days a week for 1 month now. I am up to 5.2 miles a day. I am eating sensibly and cheat but, not that much. I definately am not starving myself. But......I have only lost 4 lousy pounds!!! I know muscle weighs more than fat but, this is cardio not weight training. I have gained some muscle mass in my legs but the tummy is still there! Are the pounds going to suddenly shed soon or do I need to change my program?
              Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

Tuesday 5th June

Hi everyone, I know what you mean PP I have been walking at least 20-40 minutes a day with only maybe one or two off in the last two months and I have not lost much. I also cheat in between eating healthy but not that much either. I wish I could loose it a little faster, esp. the tummy although my face looks thinner but I think the bloat from beer is gone. I will check the exercise board for hints.

Waves good job
                Judy we have the same thing here in Wisconsin but we can take the class online.
                Chrysa sounds so good with the moderating!!!
                Lushy, cassy and redrobin have a good one.

I will take that hug today, feels good Waves.

Sammys

Comment

Tuesday 5th June

Well done waves.
                  Love Paula.

Comment

Tuesday 5th June

Fear always goes away, once two things are realized: First, you're a spiritual being. Second, nothing can ever be lost or taken from a spiritual being that cannot be recreated. Not pride, not money, not love.

Phew!
                    ****The Universe

NOT . . . . POUNDS???!!

A few things come into play with the pounds. Muscles vs Fat, Genetics, Metabolism, Age and last but not least a full healthy lifestyle. I think if you keep up and adopt these healthy lifestyles you will lose some pounds and most likely inches. Plus feel better even if the scale doesn't say you have lost a lot of pounds. Isn't Cardio in the long run a really good goal to achieve? It would seem so to me.

I keep having that conversation with my husband. He is so muscled and broad, shoulders easily twice the size of mine. He can do more than most men in terms of lifting and moving large items. He does however have a much lower metabolic level than me. I am a nervous energy girl and to look at my family this is genetics rather than environment . . . I think.

Waves - YEAH!!! Good for you!! We are all applauding you!

Red Robin, have fun at career night!

Cassy, I agree, when I am the driver, which I am often for girlfriends, I am either AF or one glass of wine depending on the event.

Chrysa, NOT FEEBLE!! You are doing wonderfully!

Lushy, nice to see you here. Hope all is going well for you!

Judie, they always get you coming and going it seems! I do wonder why you would need a course if you have been doing this for so many years.

PP, Happy 40th for hubby tomorrow!! Have fun!

Sammys, I still think the walks are not only good for your circulation, they are relaxing too. I time for reflection. That is so wonderful losing that beer bloat on your face. Don't you feel great about it?

Hey Paula, good to see you here, post more and tell us about you . . .K?

Where is Betty? She usually posts in one of the first ones of the day. Hope everything is OK with you.

Rather amused over some reactions I have had to an upcoming transition at work here! More later!

Hugs and Love,
                    Mary

Comment

Tuesday 5th June

Late hello to everyone! Very busy and just wanted to check in to my favorite group of people. Hope you all are well!!
                      "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Tuesday 5th June

Greetings, Everyone--

Hope that the sun is shining brightly for all.

I'm in the middle of a difficult stretch of time.

A bunch of not very good things, not entirely related, but all, in one way or another, having an impact on my child, have been happening. I was sleepless all last night after hearing from my husband that our daughter doesn't like me. She's only nine and my husband has had this Woody Allenish preoccupation with her since she was a baby. He takes her everywhere and buys her most of what she wants. I, on the other hand, am the disciplinarian, the reality principle, the enforcer of contingencies, the bitch. We have an appointment with a marital therapist this week and my husband has begrudingly agreed to go. I'm also entirely freaked out about money. It seems that my husband was withholding some financial information from me and we are at the edge of financial disaster even before we add the cost of therapy. Sorry to be such a complainer . . . at least I haven't been drinking even though I have been sorely tempted.

Mary, thank you for your quote from the Universe. It is the only thing that has lifted my spirit today.

Hope everyone else is having a good day. I sure wish that I could join you!

My love to all, E

Comment

Tuesday 5th June

Hi all,

Waves, I usually like being the DD and I always like feeling good the next morning. Hugs right back at you.

Red. Hope your night was a good one.

Cassy. I am good about not driving after a drink as well, but there are times I still catch myself making plans around when I can drink. I would like to say I don?t do this anymore, but I do. Something to work on.

Chrysa. I like you new avatar and I hope you are having a nice day.

Lushy. Too funny about the whale comment. I?m not that big, just a little squishy around the muffin and I hate the goodbye arm wiggle. I tried to upload my picture to the gallery yesterday, but it wouldn?t work. It?s too big or something. I will work on it when I have time.

Saint Judy Tuesday. Hope your class was tolerable; at least it wasn?t traffic school. My hubby does a lot of volunteer work and whenever his group does a big fund raiser with alcohol, all the workers have attend a seminar from the ATF.

Precious, Have fun planning the party. I also am having trouble getting the weight to move. I have been doing cardio and weights for 6 weeks now and have only lost 2.5 pounds. I am waiting for the big drop. I hope it comes soon.

Hi Paula, Sammy, Ducky, Pebbles, Julie, Betty and everyone else I?m missing. Good day and evening to you!

Mary, Is the knee better today? It?s nice to know you can use it more now.

Beaches, I hope your little one is feeling better. Are the kids all settled with their summer plans?

SM-Mary, it was good to see your post. Are you teaching Science this summer or something else?

-family: Times New Roman;">E. I?m glad to hear your hubby is going to counseling with you and great job at not drinking because of him.

I had a good night last night. I was home early in the day with a sick boy and after my hubby got home from work, I took myself off to the gym instead of drinking. Feeling pretty smug myself today.

Talk later,
                          Laura
                          Humor is just another defense against the universe!

Comment

Tuesday 5th June

E, sorry you are going through such a tough time. My daugther absolutely adores her father and would choose him any day of the week over me. They have always done everything together.

Laura, nice to see you and yes we have the summer program figured out for my son. He will continue getting all his current services however him entering the "school system" is still worrying me a bit. We haven't gotten the aide or consultant hired to go to his preschool yet to train before he enters kindergarten. I just don't want to see him regress because of a new environment. I have taken the first week of school off to be with him and his current 1:1 aide has offered to do the school tour with us. Time will tell.
                            "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Tuesday 5th June

E ...so glad to hear you are both going in for therapy. I would definately bring up the dynamics of the relationship between your hubby and daughter to the table. It does not seem healthy to me.

Beaches..sounds like everything is coming together for your son...don't worry so much:l
                              Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

Working...
                              X