double addictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

double addictions

spare a thought for those who have double addictions of fags and booze as we draw near the smoking ban here in england on July 1st ..2 days to go/

Thankfully i quit the fags 12 years ago but i,m sure its going to be hard for many drinkers..i recall my experience was when i drank wine i used to need to smoke too!!

hope lots of the "doubly addicted" manage to quit the fags and get the support they need.....somehow i managed to do it with a buddy for a news years eve bet 12 years ago,

The same friend and i now have to buddy up over the booze issue to try and keep moderation going.

Shame i didnt give the wine up too..pleased to say moderating going ok. no weekday home drinking (trying to drink only when i go for a meal out..no more than twice weekly.

Moderating for me still requires planning carefully..went away on city break last weekend and managed to share a carafe of wine between 4 and order coffee for the 3 nights..quite an achievement for me really!1

good luck

cassy

double addictions

Hi Cassy,

I quit smoking about 8 years ago. It was one of the hardest things I ever did!

I remember when I did 12 days of abs I often compared it to quiting smoking.

Congratulations on your successes with moderate drinking :goodjob:
    :h :h :h :h

Comment

double addictions

Hi Cassy,
      Smoking ban has been in Scotland a yr. now, and hasn`t affected my smoking at all. Ashtrays pubs have placed outside are overflowing.

Annoying having to go outside for a ciggie though, especially in the depths of winter.......Brrrrrrrrrr!!!

Only time I enjoyed having to literally freeze for a fag was when a friend had taken me out to the Glasgow Hilton for the evening, and I got to pose in my black cocktail dress and full length black satin gloves at the entrance, looking very dramatic. Shame I could hardly negotiate steps at same entrance numerous Chardonnays later!!!!! lol

Starlight Impress

Comment

Working...
      X