Well this is day 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well this is day 1

hmmm what i would like to achieve is to moderate my drinking to within a reasonable level. I cannot remember going to bed without having a fair old alcohol induced buzz going. Usually a couple of beers after work and then after 5 I start on the red wine.... normally drink a litre in an evening. Way too much i know. ( But god it tastes so good and the stress just washes away) After this I fall asleep on the lounge and have a fitfull disturbed sleep, wake up feeling pretty average....Been promising myself better so here I go

Well this is day 1

BeachSoul,

Welcome to MWO. There are many here who have the same problem. It is easy to fall into the pattern.

Unfortunely, the "sleep" you are describing is not truly sleep but drunk and when you wake up you are sobering up. Unfortunate side effect of the whole issue. I do the same thing.

I have issues with sleep. I have been drinking for years to get to sleep and realized that my drinking actually interferes with my sleep.

Anyway, enough of that!!

Welcome here and read the MWO book, see what works for you, read the posts and most importantly, figure a way to get YOUR life back.

There is lots of support here from many people who have made it back.

Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Well this is day 1

Hi - good luck - it's my first day too. I also don't want to give up drinking just have 1 or 2 glasses (not bottles) of red. I am sick of putting headache tablets on my bed side table for the midnight headache and the 4am headache. Not only is the red wine killing my liver so is the codeine I consume in huge amounts.

Oh yuck - terrible thought - once I get over the alcohol addiction will I have to detox off codeine?

Any how, keep up the good work and we'll see how we go - keep each other honest!

Sue

Comment

Well this is day 1

Beachsoul....What a lovely peacful name that is... I like that. Well Beachsoul, you are in my thoughts with your first day. This is going to be a great day for you today. Really enjoy your new freedom. I wish you every success. Bella xxxx

Comment

Well this is day 1

Beachsoul,
          Sending much love and luck your way.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Well this is day 1

:welcome: Beachsoul -

A great decision and one that will change your life! This is a very supportive site - plenty of friends, understanding, empathy - and no judgment - so keep reading and sharing and looking forward to getting to know you better. Best of luck with this new start!
            :rays: Arial

Last first day - 15th April 2012
            Goals:
            Days 1-7 DONE
            Days 8-14 DONE
            Days 15-21 DONE
            30 days DONE
            60 days
            100 days

Comment

Well this is day 1

hey,this is my first day on this site.it looks pretty good maybe its what i need i've been sober for a few days now. hang in there

Comment

Well this is day 1

BeachSoul,
                Welcome and I am so glad you are here. Love your name by the way Once you moderate and wake up feeling clear headed there is no better feeling. You may even choose at some point to abstain. No matter what we are all here for the same reason...because we drink too much and want to stop that. If you haven't yet read RJ's book.
                I wish you every success.
                "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Well this is day 1

Comeatalook,
                  Welcome to you too!
                  "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Well this is day 1

Good Luck. Please read my latest thread. It might help you.

Comment

Well this is day 1

Beach Soul, Love your name! Keep reading the posts and posting yourself! You have found a great site for all of us who drink to much! I wish you luck in finding your way. MWO is always here for you in evey way.

Blessings, Angel

Comment

Working...
                      X