The Determinator Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Determinator Story

Det, I just now read your story - I dropped out right around the time you originally posted this. I am so sad that you were robbed of your childhood in that horrible way. I'm so glad you and Mrs. Dx are here at MWO and it's an honor to share this winding road with you both.

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

The Determinator Story

Det what a hard start and what a wonderful heart you have in you to care so deeply to help others. I feel very luck to haven known you at a time when I reached out for some knowledge I know you and your love will make it together. thanks
      :heart:AF since May 31 2008.....Happy and Healthy

Comment

The Determinator Story

Thanks for sharing, Det. It's comforting to know that you can enjoy the family life that had been denied to you while you were a kid.

Love also to Dx,

Padster
        Paddy
        Time's fun when you're having flies. - Kermit the Frog - eace:

Comment

The Determinator Story

Wow, Det. That seems to be all I can muster right now. My hands are shaking as I try to type.

My heart aches. I can't even bring myself to write my story because I don't think I could stop typing once I started. I am actually breathing very heavy and erractically right now. Whew.

I did not have to hide in a closet as a child, but I was taught to use the ole rifle and shotgun for protection for reasons, I will not go into. I too was homeless and the verbal and physical abuse in my house growing up makes me ill to even think about. There was never money for anything except alcohol. Forget it...I'm not even going to go there.

You have such a beautiful spirit that you share so unconditionally with so many here. I have always loved your sense of humor. But now I simply adore you.

I am so happy that you and Dx have found each other. You sound so incredibly at peace now with your life. I am so happy for you.

Love, Me
          :l
          Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

The Determinator Story

:upset: Wow that is some story my friend and I am sitting here near tears as my story is similar in many ways only mine was the evil stepdad instead. My mom didn't care much for me either, so it was not good in either direction.

You are an awesome human being to have been through so much and still hanging in there. It is fortunate you married a wonderful woman. I am also very fortunate to have been married for 10 years now to a wonderful man who does not drink or smoke (or anything off kilter for that matter), yet at times I feel so unworthy of the love and dedication he has put into the marriage. I am ashamed of who I have been all these years and my many trips back to the "drink"

Thanks for sharing your story as it gives me not only insight, but hope as well! You are a strong individual and I hope to capture that for myself with this program.

Blessings,

Frogz~
            FROGZ~

Comment

The Determinator Story

Wow buddy!! I read your story today for the first time! you are a inspiration for many of us. And I thank God everyday for this forum and great ppl like you. I remember those aimless days..mine are finally..I hope behind me!! Thanks Det for being a good friend and all us going down this road to sobriety and inner peace together! Love ya bud!!

Comment

The Determinator Story

D--
                You deserve so much! I admire your strength... know that it is OK to weep...
                Tiny

Comment

Working...
                X