A bit of my story..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A bit of my story..

Hi all..and here goes. I am 48 yrs old (yepper...and old lady and want to moderate the booze. I started using when no pain meds would give me any relief,then it was out of boredom when out of work due to the pain..yadda yadda....I am sure you all know the story. I tried AA,I am not bashing it in anyway,but it was not for me. I joined another group similar to this one,Af for thirty days,then charting and planning the moderate drinking for social events. Went back to work and was doing great and keeping so busy I dropped out of the group. I thought I was doing so great that I didnt need the support...WRONG! I find myself going right back into the old habits without the support from people who know(and care) about what the other person is going through. So here I am ..again...but I do not want to go through the cold turkey stage again. I wound up in the hospital two times thinking I was having a heart attack...with no health ins. I know that it was withdrawl because I was drinking heavy everyday for a long time...this time it hasnt been as long or as heavy..but still..it scares me with no ins. My plan is to first cut back,take the vitamins/supplements,pray for help here and the help of my wonderful husband. I wont keep rambling on and on....thats enough before I bore ya all. Thanks for listening and being here.

A bit of my story..

:welcome: choklyteyes

I haven't had the chance to welcome you. I hope you will stick around with us and find just how much support there is here. Quitting drinking is hard, just as quitting most of anything. Keep posting and reading. Ask lots of questions if you have them.

Comment

A bit of my story..

Welcome !

I'm moderating - it's hasn't been as hard as I thought (well at first it was). The vitamins, supplements and cds really help!

When did 48 become an old lady??! I'm 43 and freaking out! I still think I'm 30 something..

Comment

A bit of my story..

Thanks for the reply guys I did get vitamins and supplements and willing to work hard at moderation. I have started by cutting my drinking in half ...to start with...then will go further. As for the "old lady" part...I was just kidding..dont freak out...your still a young pup too Going surfing on the site now..have a great night!

Comment

Working...
        X