Here's my story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's my story

you are so brave ...i am proud of you...that is such a story...thank you for sharing it....:l God Bless You...Buckle

Comment

Here's my story

MY OWN WOMAN

I've never had the guts to tell my own story here. Though I have shared some of it with one person. I too am in tears. Suffice it to say I share some of your experiences. If you ever want to talk on the phone, e-mail me. Hell call collect. You are a very brave strong person and your story touched me in a place I keep tightly wrapped up from the world. You are not just your own woman, you are a strong, super lady and one hell of a writer too. :l Words escape me now as you have stirred my emotions so much. Love to you.

Comment

Here's my story

Very powerful stuff indeed. You should be very proud of all of the positive changes you have made this year.
        I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Here's my story

MOW - I have thought all day about your little MOW dancing with joy for being released from her prison - the prison of silence....and how brave big MOW is for breaking it. I hope you are dancing a little with each other....thinking of you.

Sending big hugs - and me and my small FMS are dancing with you.
          :heart: c: :heart:
          "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Here's my story

My own Woman. Wow. I could actualy smell and feel my Grandpa's whiskers reading that... He used to do that same thing. He'd hold WAYY too tight, and for wayyy too long, and grab inapropriatly whenever possible, then call it getting "whiskered".
            Of course that was just what he did when other people were around...
            I get angry just remembering him.

I always knew it was wrong... but you're supposed to love your Grndpa.

I too would love to have coffee with ya. Or just walk on the beach...whatever.
            I spend a LOT of time alone. Well, with my doggie.:h

That took a lot of guts to share your story. Thank you.:l
            The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Here's my story

MOW,
              Thank you for sharing your story, and I too wish I could just give you a huge hug and hit "rewind" on the story of your life and re-shoot it with a wonderful story. Its so painful knowing children have, are still, and sadly probably always will be victims of abusive parents who are stuck in addiction.

You sound like you see things from a healthy perspective and are not repeating your parents mistakes. I truly think people who have endured such a painful past as you have, hold the greatest potential and opportunity to help others.... so many other children are living your hell this very moment and will need someone to help them find their way out one day. I hope you can take all that was meant to destroy you and turn it into a powerful force to turn the cycle around and comfort others. I hope too that you can reach out to your brother again.... I bet he is just as afraid as you. Maybe you cant fix it, but he just like you needs desperately to know that someone is there, and that you are loved. That alone is healing.

By the way, I think you are excellent writer as well.

Big hug to you...
              Allie
              If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

Here's my story

I wish I could take all the hurt away from you. ..

You're a wonderful woman. None of this was your fault. I'm so glad you are working through it all and we're all here for you.

Don

Comment

Here's my story

Hi My Own Woman

I was just thinking about you the other day, how much I really enjoy your posts and have learned a lot. Like your miracle food thread! Whoopie! I also appreciate your intelligence.

I can see how much you have struggled. It's hard to respond in an appropriate way to such a story. It sounds really tragic.

I see you are wondering why you are alone. But it seems you have answered that in your thread. You are afraid of intimacy, you have responded to your childhood in a self-destructive way, you have gotten into bad relationships and thankfully escaped. A therapist once told me that I felt rejected but the reality was probably that I was afraid of love/intimacy because in a bad family situation, those things are associated with a lot of pain. As you said, your family relationships were love/hate types.

So in some ways you have scars but also so much depth that no doubt partly resulted from surviving through a very traumatic experience.

The question then shouldn't be why are you alone today, because your post explains that, but what you can do to get more satisfying relationships in the future-- relationships you don't have to run from.

You have sounded so much more positive since ending that last one so I feel hopeful for your future.

Comment

Here's my story

WOW! Your story is just incredibly powerful. There is no question that your suffering as a child was just awful. I wish I could put my arms around that little girl, take her home with me, make her a meal of comfort food, sing to her, and rock her to sleep. Unfortantely I cant, but you can!! You are not damaged goods. You are someone who has the unique ability to break the chain of your family tree, and use your trauma in a positive way...like no one else, you understand what it was like, and can use that to nurture others and yourself too. Anyone one of us here would be honored to have coffee with you and be your friend. It is up to you to tell that little girl inside that there is no longer anything to fear. Not all people are monsters..not even most.

I wish I had the voice to be as open and honest as you...that comes from a place of strength sweetie....captivate that strength and use it to get well. Take care of that little girl inside...

With love and admiration

Beth
                    formerly known as bak310

Comment

Here's my story

You are such a strong woman for breaking the cycle of abuse in regards to your own daughter.

I am sitting here crying from another post I just read, and now, I am crying even more. I HATE alcohol and drugs so badly. It RUINS lives, literally.

I am glad you are here with us. I hope you find strength and hope here. We may all feel somewhat like 'outcasts' in the real world, but I do believe with our friends on MWO, we can start to really heal.

You are so very brave and so very strong.

Comment

Here's my story

MOW,

Another post that made me cry. I, too, would love your company over a quiet cup of coffee or tea.

I am so grateful you found MWO and are now Your Own Woman. I truly believe your growth this year and to come is going to bring you so much more joy and happiness than you have ever had.

I admire you.

Love,
                        Cindi
                        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Here's my story

So many of our stories sound similar...so remember u r never alone...my heart and prayers are with u. Thanks for sharing and being here. :l

Comment

Here's my story

MOW,
                            Thank you for opening up and sharing your story, it really took courage to do so. I hope it also took some of the weight of your shoulders from holding it in. I also hope that you can see how many friends you have that are able to empathize with your story.

My hope for you is that, one day, you will be able to put all of this behind you, I know that it can be done and life can become full and joyful. You deserve to have a full life, you deserve happiness.
                            Kate
                            A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Here's my story

You are one of the most articulate, bravest souls I've read on this site yet. You've only just begun to realize your true worth. Don't ever underestimate the power you have and the power you have to share with others.

Comment

Here's my story

MOW, based on your wonderful and 'together' conduct on the forums I'd never have guessed you had risen from such upbringings. if you ever feel like calling a friend over the holidays or any other time, or find yourself visiting Reno you have a friend waiting..just pm me and I'll send my PH#.
                                Be well XXXXX
                                nosce te ipsum
                                (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                                X