Always MisUnderstood.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Always MisUnderstood.

p.s. just throwing a little humor in here..your doing great Ripple...sounds like your thread is helping alot of us here. :l

Comment

Always MisUnderstood.

Ripple;249008 wrote: I love to have fun. I must also admit I have been banned from every single forum ever joined. You see I was always drinking while posting. Only I knew within my heart and soul I meant no harm, alhtough I really pissed people off. It is my plan to explain here who I really am and maybe you all can help me to understand me? Sounds like fun doesn't it? Ask me questions, ones I need to be asked. I will futher tell more about me as time goes on. Thanks for reading as this could be a positive adventure I am truly in need of.

Luv Ripple~
      and Thanks!

:h :h :h :h
      continued;
      you are all so tolerant and the most caring people I have met in a long time. Being involved in this community will help me through the winter, I hope, I'm home a lot right now and need the support. Have to get photoshop to load some pics. You guys have brought me to a level closer to sanity, I love all the posts. Hi to you tawny, you are a sweet heart also. I am not self centered, I sound it, NO. I am changing into a better person, with the help here and my other programs. You have no idea what this means to me sitting on the porch responding to such great people. Love you guys.

Ripple~
      Shirl.

Comment

Always MisUnderstood.

Yes Chokie, real stories help others to relate. I need to post more to others who need help and support. For once I am so blessed to have found a site like this with all you wonderful people. I hope I brought some sunshine to your day. We can do it, the rewards will be a bundle of new friends and hopefully a new and better Ripple.

Luv again to all..........
        Ripple~
        I will be good.:thanks:

Comment

Always MisUnderstood.

Special Friend.

I can't see you but;

[ame= ]YouTube - Won't You Be My Neighbor?[/ame]

Comment

Always MisUnderstood.

Rip, hey.

Sounds like you're feeling a bit better about things, so GOOD!

And just to clarify...my post on this, in response to you, wasn't meant to be a finger-wag at YOU, so much as a reminder that in online communities everywhere, there will always be some thin-skinned people (at least seemingly thin-skinned in certain situations) who, for whatever reason, get easily offended. Or if "easily" isn't exactly the correct word, then offended for reasons that you and I and others certainly can't easily ascertain, and certainly didn't intend.

So we all need to be a little careful, sure, because of that blasted X factor. But then again, I also think all of us, as part of this huge online experiment, need more often than not to give others the benefit of the doubt when it comes to intent, until they prove themselves, beyond a reasonable doubt, to be a FULL ON, FULL-TIME asshole.

Which you, Dear Rip, are decidedly NOT. On the contrary, you're self-deprecating and funny and fun, and someone who gives as good as she gets (in a good way, in my opinion). And those of who've chatted with you on Chat and on the boards all know that.

Ciao, cherie!

-HopefulNow
            Taking it all in

Comment

Always MisUnderstood.

Love you in chat you are such fun

Ripple, you bastard [good bastard not bad one] I am your greatest fan. If you were booted then their loss not yours. See you in chat old chum.
              :wow: :wd: :nutso:

Comment

Always MisUnderstood.

SORRY!!!

Replying to myself, because I'm GUILTY myself! I just realized that what I posted might be construed as being insensitive to some who were taken aback by some of Rip's earlier comments on Chat, and I want to clarify...

I should have elaborated in my last post. What I SHOULD have said...but didn't...wasn't that "....there will always be thin-skinned people easily offended..." or whateverthehell it was I said, but rather that we can NEVER know for sure what off-hand comment, or in this case, icon or avatar, might hit someone WRONG. In Rip's case, it was a glass of wine and/or a beer, and in her case she used it ironically (I'm guessing), because she's been AF since October.

For others in Chat, though, it was offputting, because their struggle is still very real, and so it seemed a mean taunt. And I certainly didn't intend to trivialize that by implying those particular people are "thin skinned." ACK. All apologies, no offense intended.

-HopefulNow
                Taking it all in

Comment

Always MisUnderstood.

Ripple

I have been in chat with you also and have read your posts. I love having you here. I can say one thing to you - almost any sense of humor is welcome here. MWO thrives on humor. I never saw anyone have a good laugh at an AA meeting - here I laugh my butt off and some of the humor can be pretty sarcastic. We have tough skin. The rule is never say anything bad or hurtful about anyone else on the boards.

The other forums were history. Be yourself here - not your drunk self - your wonderful funny Ripple self.
                  Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Always MisUnderstood.

Its OKAY, I know you love me, I can tell. Self deprecate, whats that mean? I am naive at times.

Vic, wot you being nortie again! :H

Luv You Guys...
                    Ripple~
                    :h

Comment

Always MisUnderstood.

Mags, you are one hell of a patient person. Chat is a stress reliever and yes F...ing so funny most of the time. People here just come out with the best comments. I understand now with all the communication what the hell is really going on, ya know.

Thanks for the advice.
                      Ripple~
                      feels safe today. :h

Comment

Always MisUnderstood.

oh now........

Excuse Me

I, yes I, have decided to be offended.

It shall last for two hours.

No more, no less.

Comment

Always MisUnderstood.

aaaaah, Bliss!!!!

Two hours of silence ....

Comment

Always MisUnderstood.

Tawny,

You are BAD (but FUNNY).

And Helensback...you know I know Tawny kids (I hope).

-HopefulNow
                            Taking it all in

Comment

Always MisUnderstood.

Its okay to be bad and funny, you all have my permission. We can't help it, a good laugh never killed anyone I know of. Its actually medicine for the soul as there R benefits from a god damn good chuckle. Everyone have a wonderful day and rest up for chat tonite, afterall its FRIDAY nite! see ya there, later. I'm 3 hours plus behind ya all. Usually put hubby to bed first unless he needs a shoulder to cry on.

Later
                              Ripple~
                              Shirl.
                              Will give it a twirl.

Comment

Always MisUnderstood.

its me again....this is the very first forum i have been accepted at! it took me a long time to understand others have feelings in the world of net. i had a bad childhood, not abused, but a sick mother who had MS and a father who was a good man, but a heavy drinker. I have been a care-taker most of my life. i am finding out so much about me, i get scared. I hope i continue my sobriety, its tough.

Luv to all~
                                Ripple~
                                :l :l :l

Comment

Working...
                                X