New to this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to this

Trying to get life together again, been drinking for 30 something years, now going through divorce and it's getting out of hand and is probably the worst thing I could be doing to myself, need all the support I can get and I will crack this and survive.

New to this

Welcome, hamlet! Divorce is very tough and a very hard time to stop drinking. Your just being here and addressing the drinking is getting out of hand is a fantastic start to recovery!

I am going through a divorce too and there are days where I would simply like to get drunk out of my mind. The only thing stopping me, is the fact I deserve to be happy and healthy. Suffered through a miserable marriage both to my husband and to alcohol.

Stay strong, have a plan, post lots here and keep busy.

Comment

New to this

Hey thank you Accountable, I am so glad I have found you people, what's in so many ways so sad is that I have been through sobriety before, quit for eighteen months and remember it as one of the happiest times of my life it is just starting that's so hard and I wish I could find find a way to feel the benefits faster.

Comment

New to this

I know how you feel. You will feel worse before you feel better. 18 months was great - and no doubt you can do this again!

Just keep reminding yourself YOU deserve this. YOU deserve to be happy and healthy.

Take lots of vitamins, eat well and drink lots of water. It will get you over the worse part faster. B vitamins in particular aid in a faster recovery.

I remember when I quit and the first two weeks were completely awful. Once I got over that hurdle I started to feel really great. Just keep plugging along and you will start to feel better soon.

Comment

New to this

Hi Hamlet: I am happy you found us. this site is amazing. so much wisdom and support. I also recently went thru a divorce and it's wretched. But sure as hell wish I'd done it sober. Anyway, stick around and keep posting!
          :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

Working...
          X