Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TOO MUCH WINE

:new:Hi Everyone,

I just joined today and my problem is wine. I love to have a glass or two of wine with my meals but then there are times when that is not enough and I just keep on drinking wine maybe one or two bottles in a given night. It has affected my relationship with my children and my grandchilren, therefore, I need to quit or moderate. I joined afair and did not drink for two months and then on Easter evening I decided to have a few glasses of wine, which led to a few more and I was very sorry the next day. I was disappointed because afair does not have a support system that you are able to converse with. I was very happy today that I accidentally found this program and I intend to use it everyday as a support group. I can use any advise you wish to give. My grown children are not being supportive, they have no patience with me.

Angelo

TOO MUCH WINE

Hi Angelo and welcome,
    You will find an abundance of support and advice on MWO.
    My poison is also Wine and it is so easy for one glass to turn into a bottle or two! Have been there myself.

Have you read the My Way Out book yet? it is availiable for download and it would be a got starting place.
    Good luck in your journey and any questions just ask away,there is always someone around to offer advice.
    Look forward to seeing you around the boards

Eastx
    In life we can live out our dreams its true
    the one who decides,takes chances,makes choices is YOU.

Comment

TOO MUCH WINE

Welcome Angelo,

Set some goals for yourself and hang around here and read, read, read as there is a *lot* of great info here and people as well to support your efforts. You will like it here.

Best regards

J*
      Is Addiction Really a Disease?
      Watch this and find out....
      http://youtu.be/ekDFv7TTZ4I

Comment

TOO MUCH WINE

Angelo,
        :welcome:

Good advice above--Read the MWO book. Then you need a plan. This IS a wonderful support site--but it is a tool, you really need to read the book to "Get" the program. Oh, yes, and start by drinking lots of water fo flush your system. These are my opinions.
        Good luck!
        The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

TOO MUCH WINE

Welcome to the board. I am new here too... Wine is also my problem too. When I was 15 to like 30, wine coolers were my problem. Then I turned on to wine. First a few glasses, then a bottle and now 10 years later, some nights a whole jug, one of those big jugs of Red Rose. For the most part I keep it to half a jug a night. Now, I am cutting back. So, I've been on the same jug for like the past 4 days. I just started topamax today, 25mg. Strangely I don't feel the crave to guzzle the wine, which is odd after only one pill, but whatever works. I am going to keep taking the 25 mg each day for a couple of weeks and see what happens. Good luck to you....

Comment

TOO MUCH WINE

Welcome Angelo and bunnygirl!!!

:welcome:

We all definitely feel your pain... I'm sure you've read through a lot of posts already.. if not, do..

The MWO ebook (.pdf) is FREE right now at the Health Store.. You just type in FREE in the coupon box at checkout... and it's free to download...

Keep reading and posting... We'd love to hear more from you...
            P.S. You can't love if you don't love yourself... :heart:

As you wander through life, sister/brother, whatever be your goal, keep your eye upon the donut, and not upon the hole.
            - Sign in the Mayflower Coffee Shop, Chicago

Comment

TOO MUCH WINE

welcome Angelo and Bunnygirl!!

Another wino here. I just started also and have begun taking the supplements yesterday. This is a great support site with a lot of great information and peeps.
              AF/SF - November 23, 2014

Comment

Working...
              X