My trigger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My trigger

I have been promising my kids for years that I will stop drinking so much.
    They live far away but last week my daughter came on a visit.
    On Thursday, husband and I had a real heavy social session drank all afternoon and evening. Daughter was begging that we go home in a taxi, but my Husband insited on driving us home even thought he was well over the limit, and I let him due to my poor alcohol fueled judgement. (Drink Driving one of those things we both said we would never do)

Anyway we did get home safely (luckily) but our daughter was furious and we had a very upsetting evening full of hometruths.

Later she went to her room and phoned her boyfriend and I heard her crying her heart out, telling him how ashamed of us she was, how she hated being here with us and watching this behaviour.
    I am so ashamed and dissapointed in myself. I can hardly look myself in the mirror.
    I have vowed to her that this time I will stay off the drink.
    Forget moderation, control nothing has worked for me.
    Day 6 AF today and feeling better -
    So glad to have all the support here.
    Best wishes all.
    New

My trigger

Good luck! 6 days is great.

Comment

My trigger

good luck hun, good job on the day 6

it just takes things like that to shuv us in the right direction. i understand how u feel, i have upset my daughter in the past and husband with my drinking. so im doing this for myself and my daughter and husband.

take care hun and good luck on ur road to recovery.

Comment

My trigger

congrats

congrats on day 6.
        Best wishes,
        Lynn

Comment

My trigger

hi there..awesome job on day 6..you how times i have drink and drive and yes i can say lucky me . but the realltiy is it only takes one second to mess your life up. or someone elses.and if you are going to stop drinking do it for yourself one else ..peace and god bless
          :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
          best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

My trigger

Sometimes we have to have a wake-up call. Congrats getting to day 6, how is hubby doing? :l

Comment

Working...
            X