X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time to bury the past!

Comment

Time to bury the past!

I would like to say Thank You to each and everyone of you, for your kind warm words...it was very comforting, I am very touched.... It has taken me 6months to open up at my group session but it felt like a weight has been lifted from me.
      Thank God i find MWO site that as help me along my way with wonderful people like all of yous.

p.s only work for child protection just for a little while helping out, but it made me open my eyes, dont think i could of work there permanently the system is to slow just would of got frustrated.

Thanks Again
      Love
      Teardrop.x
      family is everything to me

Comment

Time to bury the past!

Hi Teardrop, only just spotted this and although I can't relate I wanted to say how your story touched me ...........

Big hugs to you ..........

BB xx
        sigpicXXX

Comment

Time to bury the past!

Thank you so much Teardrop for opening up and telling your story. Hugs
          Goal 1: Today
          Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

Time to bury the past!

Teardrop
            52 days that is just great. Your story made me so for the little girl you were who didnt get the parental love you so deserved - but maybe that is what will give you the courage now to change your life.
            Thanks you so much for sharing and congrats again on 52 days.
            BH

Comment

Time to bury the past!

Teardrop, you are an amazing person who is overcoming not only the grips of alcohol but a lot of suppressed emotional issues and hurt.

It is so important to find within yourself the peace to let your past go in order to move on. My story isn't too far off from yours, except it was my mother who was the abuser and my dad did nothing. I am working on this too. To bury the past so to speak. It is so important if we want to overcome addiction and get on with living our lives.

52 days, probably 53 or 54 now, is a wonderful start. Keep on going, this is the beginning of the rest of your life. You will only get stronger with each and every day.

Thank you for sharing your story. It takes a lot of courage to share such intimate details of your life.

Comment

Time to bury the past!

Teardrop, it's so hard to know what to say - anything I think of sounds like a cliche or a rote response - but your story touched me deeply, and I can only say that I am so glad you are here, I am so glad you have found the strength to begin your AF journey - 50+ days is something to be so proud of. You are a remarkable, strong woman.
                The furture lies before you like newly fallen snow - be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Comment

Time to bury the past!

Its better to let go and work on goodness in your life. You cannot reverse wot has happened, but you can look at all the good you are doing for yourself...then you can give and you have much to give...:l

Comment

Time to bury the past!

"The main thing is im still here and alive!"

And we are very glad you are Teardrop. I'm so sorry you had to endure that. You have much courage.:l

Comment

Time to bury the past!

Teardrop - I am rather late coming in here - but at least that means your important story gets bumped(!) - to say thank you for telling us about your past. It takes courage and openess and trust and quite a lot of self-belief, things you have worked hard for and so deserve to be beginning to feel.

I so remember you from the first London meet and just how much courage it took for you to go there - and how lucky I was to be sitting at your (our!) end of the table; it was good to talk to you.

And now, look! So nearly 60 days! You have done, and are doing, so, so well......I hope you're incredibly proud of you! I am, if I may be so bold as to say so?!

I am wishing you all the success in the world and more and more of feeling better and of hugging your little girl inside....it's your turn now!

Love and hugs,
                      Finding.... xxx
                      :heart: c: :heart:
                      "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Time to bury the past!

Don't know why but thought i read my story just to see how far i have come, and realize now that i need to face up to my past and not bury it. If i don't acknowledge out loud it doesn't exist, will not hurt me. If i don't admit that anything is wrong then nothing was. Am ready to put into words and start working on me for once.
                        Three years sober you would of thought i would of had it all sorted out by now !!
                        Formerly known as Teardrop:l
                        sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
                        my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

Time to bury the past!

I don't know how I stumbled on this thread as it started so long ago, but I'm glad I did. And I think it's remarkable and inspiring that you are still sober. That is TRULY WONDERFUL. Your story is heartbreaking and its terribly sad that it still eats at you today. As you know, you are not alone. There are so many here to wrap you in love and remind you that the vile words & actions from you father and complacency of your mother are a reflection of them, NOT YOU. It's unfortunate that we don't choose our parents, but we can choose not to believe ugly lies. You are clearly here for a powerful reason. I applaud you for staying true to your sobriety in spite of not having it all 'sorted out' yet. Please keep reaching out and letting others in. You can find the love and support here. All the best to you...
                          "People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone."

? Audrey Hepburn, Actress and Philanthropist :heart:

Comment

Working...
                          X