new here but an old drinker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i don't know what to say exactly but i am new here.....and i very much enjoy reading the messages.....i'm only on day 2....i had gone 17days AF but i slipped up on my birthday......i didn't like the feeling afterwards....i felt as if though i had failed myself and my family once again but i am trying it again...
    i started drinking at 13 years of age and had alcohol in and out of my life since. i had my first child when i was 16 and got married 8 months later-i'm still married and now i have 4 children. life didn't actually turn out the way i had planned-it's been difficult and like a roller coaster with ups and downs.
    in those times when i didn't have alcohol in my life i remember being happy with my family-now i'm here trying to find my way out.........of chaios and looking for order again...i need to get back to where i'm happy-AF

Hi snooze and welcome back!! Many many of us have had success as you did with 17 days AF, but then something happens...I guess for me I just *had* to experiment and see if I could have just one (not!) and moderate (not!) Good for you getting back on the AF wagon sooner rather than later. (a big mistake I made!)

As much as sometimes I think I miss booze - I too really AM happier when toally sober, not hungover, wits about me, etc. One thing is for sure - alcohol does NOTHING to help us solve our problems in life.

I look forward to sharing this journey together!

DG
    Day 20 AF - hopefully for the last time!
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Dear Snooze,There are so many here that have been where you are and truly understand how difficult it is to get out from under ALs grip.AL is a beast that keeps poping up in my life and he has been doing his best to distroy me.The people here at this site are wonderful companions to help you get AL out of your life.I buried him deep in the ground for myself just 30 short days ago.I could not have done it with out the wonderful people here to help me....They will help you tooooo !!!!! Keep posting....LOL...Evie
      sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Welcome!!! I am happy you found your way here. There is light at the end of the tunnel....stick around!
        Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Snooze: Keep coming to MWO & reading & posting. Set some goals for yourself...even a simple one like: "I won't drink today." Good luck. Mary
          Wisdom, Courage, Strength
          October 3, 2012

Comment

Welcome Snooze

Just keep trying no matter how many "slips" you have. Since finding this site I have gone from drinking 2L wine per day, more on weekends to now only drinking 3 or 4 times a week and never more than a small bottle. Once that is gone I and I feel like something to drink I have tea and that is that.

I know this is still drinking way too much, however it is a HUGE accomplishment for me and I will continue to work at drinking less. It doesn't matter so much as to how you get there, as long as you DO get there, slips and all.
            Keep trying

Peace
            K
            Nov 1 2006 avg 100 - 120 drinks/week
            April 29 2011 TSM avg 70 - 80/wk
            wks* 1- 6: 256/1AF (avg 42.6/wk)
            wks* 7-12: 229/3AF (avg 38.1/wk)
            wks 13-18: 192/5AF (avg 32.0/wk)
            wks 19-24: 176/1AF (avg 29.3/wk)
            wks 25-30: 154/10AF (avg 25.6/wk)
            wks 31-36: 30/37AF (avg 5/wk )

I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday.
            http://www.thesinclairmethod.net/community/

Comment

Working...
            X