Southern Gal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Southern Gal

:new:Hello! I've been drinking for several years now and I have to stop. I like to drink, but alcohol is ruining my life. For the past 2 weeks, I've gotten into arguments with my husband while I'm drinking for no apparent reason, I've said some pretty hateful things and my behavior is completely unacceptable. I'm not sure that I want to stop drinking, but I want to stop this behavior so I need to stop drinking. I'm not sure where to turn. I'm not going to AA as I think it's a crock. I'm looking for anyone who has been thru rehab to let me know what it's like. Thank you!

Southern Gal

:welcome:Haven't been through rehab myself, but wanted to welcome you to MWO. I'm sure some members will be around soon how can give you more advice on rehab.

Comment

Southern Gal

I don't know about rehab. I have transferred people to rehab, and I know that in this day and age
      it is all about the money or really good insurance. For the time being you have made your first
      step by coming here and reaching out. I am 3 days AF because of this site.

Biscuit

Comment

Southern Gal

I looked at rehab and for me (maybe not for you) it seemed like an expensive prison. I'm going to vermont to Rhonda Lenair. I lost my strength somehere along the line but I will be the person I was when I come back. New and Improved! As seen on TV! :H
        sigpic
        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Southern Gal

Most rehabs are AA based,so that was OUT for me.You could go to the (women for soberiety web site)They are NOT AA based and may know of a good alternative...I found soberiety here on this site,thru MWO book and program but you may need medical help with detox and to get RXs to help with long term care...
          sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Southern Gal

first you go into detox for about 7 to 10 days, your given meds so you wont fell too bad but you and everybody else in there are constantly nodding of from the meds, then you will go to rehab for a period you choose, but it will not work unless you really want it too. You may find some great friends for support in there. I tried AA but turned up drunk every time. great support but it wasn't for me. You just have to find whats right for you. research every avenue.

Comment

Southern Gal

hi elle I also shre the same feelings with you. I hope i will leave this behaviour, once and for all

Comment

Working...
              X