Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New from Texas

Hi Everyone,

I was so excited when after several hours of research, I found "My Way Out" to be the alternative I have been anxiously looking for. I have been trying to either stop drinking or learn moderation for several years, having gone from a social drinker to a binge drinker after some personal life issues. As most everyone knows, the older we get, the more life issues there are or seem to be anyways. Family health issues, parents and relatives passing away, teenage children's issues, job stress, general worries about crisis in the world, the list goes on. All of us face a minimum of issues such as those, many of us face more serious problems. But drinking only adds to the list. Finding better ways to deal with issues is my goal.

I am really looking forward to this new community of people, friends, stories, support, and advice. Likewise, I plan on contributing as much as I can in only positive ways. Thanks!!:new:

New from Texas

jeanrenee
    I just want to welcome you to MWO. Your post is so true. I wish life was easy, but we all know that it is hard at times. Glad you found us. Please post, read and get support from this wonderful site.
    :welcome:

Comment

New from Texas

Welcome Jeanrenee!
      I am relatively new too; the people here are pretty great and very welcoming Jump in and post!
      Take care-
      -Sheep

Comment

New from Texas

Hi Jeanrenee,
        Great to have another Texan here.
        Love and Peace,
        Phil
        Love and Peace,
        Phil

Sobriety Date 12.07.2009

Comment

New from Texas

Hi Jeanrenee, Im new here too and very relieved to have found such a lovely community. You're so right in that we need to find other ways to deal with issues rather than hitting the bottle.
          I noticed last night that my temporary "elevated mood" that I get with drinking wine is getting shorter and shorter now.
          Today, Im planning on taking my dogs out for a brisk walk when I get usual urge to crack open the bottle.
          Best of luck to you, and to all of us.
          Chelle
          ?I am playing all the right notes... But not necessarily in the right order.....?

Comment

New from Texas

Jeanrenee and Chelle,

Yes, it is a good plan to walk the dogs during the "witching hours" because the urges only last a few minutes. They seem like forever but they really do only last minutes.

:welcome:

I hope you can find your way around these boards easily and get some good information. RJ's method for moderation works for some, others cannot moderate but nonetheless her plan makes going AF much easier. Much.

Have you read the book? It is a good place to start. If you can't do that (you can download it), there is a link on the home page with recommended supplements. I used to pooh pooh at the idea of supplements but now I am a firm believer. Us drinkers have done some harm to our innards and the absorption of nutrients is somewhat diminished.

Also, some of the supps, such as Kudzu and L-Glutamine help (I repeat Help) with the cravings. In my case, Kudzu did nothing great for me but others swear by it.

Glad you are here and look forward to getting to know you.

Cindi
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

New from Texas

Welcome Jeanrenee!

Yes, the supplements do help. And to also point out that Kudzu and L-glutamine have additional health benefits besides aiding with cravings. "Google" them and you will see.

Best of luck to you! We are here for you.

Love, Me
              :l
              Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

Working...
              X