Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it's time

Hi everyone,

I like the fact I don't have to be face to face to talk about this. I got in a big fight with my wife last night and she blamed everything on my drinking. I understand I have a problem but I still am the one who does everything in the house and with my child with absolutely on help from her. One would call me a functunal alcoholic. This moring she woke me up and said I need help, but did it in a way that all our problems are because of me. I don't want her to have the satisfaction of knowing that I want to talk to others about it and seek help. I want to do it on my own, but this looks like a great place for support and advice.

I think it's time

:hello2::colorwelcome::wave::groupluv:
    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

I think it's time

Can you talk with your wife? Ask her help? Is she knowlegable about alcoho abuse at all. It does create a LOT of problems but usually not all. Would it be a bad thing for her to know you're talking with like minded people trying to find support and solutions. We tend to hide and suffer with no support. You're asking for it here--good job.

Comment

I think it's time

Luna, In my opinion the best way to see what and where all the problems may be is to get alcohol free. And this is the place you can do it. Read RJ's intro and see about getting the book/supps/cds.
        Drink lot of water with lemon. Being AF will bring clarity, which is something that we are not used to and can be hard, but all of lifes problems are so much more manangable without it.
        And when you are AF you can tell your wife "See it is not all my fault, and the problems are not all because of alcohol!"

Stick around and keep reading and posting.

AF 35 days, mwo2
        workout:chick:mwo2

It's my world to make now...cuz I found my way out.

Comment

I think it's time

Lunarsoft ~ Welcome. I agree with so much that has already been said.

I understand that you want to try this on your own and it is a free place to talk. But I would let her know that you are going to try, but be honest with her. Tell her she needs to work on herself too! Fair is fair if you ask me.

The sad thing that happens to us alkies is that we can do 100 things right with no praise what so ever, but the second we do one thing wrong...BAM!! It's cause we drink. It's not fair and it's a double standard, but it is also a fact of life.

All you can do is concentrate on you. Get yourself healthy and happy. The clarity that sobriety will bring your life will be amazing. Truly amazing.

Best of luck to you.

Love, Me
          :l
          Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

I think it's time

You all are great and are giving great advice. I really do cherish you opinions because you know how I feel and how I deal with things.

Thanks and I really can say I love you and I will be posting daily.

Comment

I think it's time

Welcome Lunasoft. Staying active here will provide you with a lot of support. I wish you best of luck.

Comment

I think it's time

Welcome Luna

Stick with us, this place is great!

K
                Nov 1 2006 avg 100 - 120 drinks/week
                April 29 2011 TSM avg 70 - 80/wk
                wks* 1- 6: 256/1AF (avg 42.6/wk)
                wks* 7-12: 229/3AF (avg 38.1/wk)
                wks 13-18: 192/5AF (avg 32.0/wk)
                wks 19-24: 176/1AF (avg 29.3/wk)
                wks 25-30: 154/10AF (avg 25.6/wk)
                wks 31-36: 30/37AF (avg 5/wk )

I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday.
                http://www.thesinclairmethod.net/community/

Comment

I think it's time

re

hi,sorry to hear about your disagreements with your family especially your wife.
                  its good to hear that your willing to do something about it.
                  the best thing to do is just dont drink the results are awarding i can a sure you,
                  me i am doing it on my owen with the help off MWO,
                  :goodjob:

lunasoft;374075 wrote: Hi everyone,

I like the fact I don't have to be face to face to talk about this. I got in a big fight with my wife last night and she blamed everything on my drinking. I understand I have a problem but I still am the one who does everything in the house and with my child with absolutely on help from her. One would call me a functunal alcoholic. This moring she woke me up and said I need help, but did it in a way that all our problems are because of me. I don't want her to have the satisfaction of knowing that I want to talk to others about it and seek help. I want to do it on my own, but this looks like a great place for support and advice.
                  sigpic

Comment

I think it's time

Welcome Luna and Dolphin is right. Thereare some wonderful threads here...serious and fun.

Do talk with your wife though. Honesty is a major key to a happy marriage...and trust. And yes. it's hard, but you may be amazed at how opening up to her will make you feel unburdened, especially in the long run.

Best of luck and stay on the boards!
                    Happy to be AF Since 9.13.08

Comment

Working...
                    X