not much to say

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not much to say

sitting here reading everyone stories so much like mine. I am soooo hungover this morning again and another sick day of work. I hate myself for having this addiction. Why???? I look so ugly this morning. Why cannot I not stop?? I stopped for 8 years I wish I could be that strong again. MY WHOLE BODY IS ACHING I hate myself for being so weak:upset:

not much to say

Hi Mia.
    I know the feeling
    You just have to keep strong and never give up on yourself.
    I'm trying again to improve my lot and I bloody well will.
    Good luck to you

Comment

not much to say

Thankyou Pop

:thanks:

Comment

not much to say

you did it once you can do it again.. do give up stay strong and think positive .
        :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
        best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

not much to say

Mia,

Please do not put yourself down for being "weak."

You are not "weak" you are not in the mindset to be sober.

There is a difference.

Why are we addicted to alcohol? I don't know for sure but there is a lot of literature out there about it.

You can choose to fight it or not. I choose to fight it.

Love,
          Cindi
          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

not much to say

Hi Mia,

Hope you are doing better today. I also hope you take a long hard look at what all this hard drinking is doing to you as your work most likely will only give so many passes on doing what you are doing before catching on. Not to mention the wear and tear on your body. You deserve so much more than this abuse you are putting yourself through.

I hope you find the strength to let go of the bottle and get clean and happy again.

4tb
            Is Addiction Really a Disease?
            Watch this and find out....
            http://youtu.be/ekDFv7TTZ4I

Comment

not much to say

Hi Mia.
              How are you doing today?

Comment

not much to say

Hi Thankyou everyone for all the support. I love this site. So kind and caring. I,m on day 2 again AF try and try again. And yes you are right 4the boys about my work I was having panic attacks yesterday about it. I have such a great job which I love. And thankyou pop doing good today.

Comment

not much to say

YOU are the inspiration

Mia, I've never been strong enough to give up for 8 yrs, people like you are an inspiration to people like me....get that, you are an inspiration. Now inspire yourself again and stay with us, we just so happen to need folks like you:h
                  :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

not much to say

Mia,

I am glad to hear you gave yourself a reality check. Having a job you actually love is such a blessing and a great goal for staying AF. I love my job and the opportunity it brings for me and my family and AL was a great reward after work for a job well done. I found that it became merely habit to come home and pour a drink where now I am conscious of making sure I have better options to engage with when I get home.

I'm sending you positive thoughts and I hope you continue to be strong!
                    Is Addiction Really a Disease?
                    Watch this and find out....
                    http://youtu.be/ekDFv7TTZ4I

Comment

not much to say

Wow akgirl I never thought of myself as an inspiration to anyone. Thankyou you soooo much for that. You made me shed a tear. And yes I gave up drinking when I was just 20. then picked up at 28. Have not stopped now Im turning 45 this year yikes. I' on day 3 AF today and I am already starting to feel the benefits of not drinking. And 8 years I know I can be that stong again!!
                      Thanks 4theboyz for your kind words I can feel them working.
                      Thankyou everyone.
                      I want to be able to start helping others on this site We can do it One day at a time.

Comment

not much to say

8 years is totally amazing! You can do it again and you are an inspiration for those of us who can't muster a lousy 6 months without some form of rehab or isolation! I think you should not be so hard on yourself, but know that you can do it again.

When I look in the mirror these days it really scares me... 45 years old and looking more like 60. The alcohol has drug me down yet I am still trying to get another AF day!

I wish you the best and I believe in your ability to do it again! Nothing to fear but fear itself.... I know that sounds like a load of crap, but there may be some truth in it!

Blessings and best wishes,
                        FROGZ~

Comment

not much to say

Welcome Mia,
                          You are in good company...and you're already on your 3rd day AF! That is such a good start already! We'd love to have you march with us on this journey. Come to this site often and we'll be here to talk. It is great therapy and you can learn so much. I look forward to getting to know you better. kriger
                          Day 9
                          "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

not much to say

Welcome.....it aint easy, but it can be done with loads of support. Hope you stcik with us.
                            Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

not much to say

Good morning. Thankyou soo0 much everyone I love this site

Comment

Working...
                              X