My Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Story

I am 49, I have been drinking since I was 13 or 14. I believe I have always been alcoholic. It tends to run in my family. I feel really lost and alone in all this. I have wrecked a 25 year marriage, divorced about 7 years ago. I have a boyfriend whom hates my drinking. I really screwed up again on Saturday. I want to get rid of this addiction.

My Story

Welcome Barb
    You have found a great site. You will not feel alone. There are many here that have been in your shoes. Stick around and post and read. You will find alot of wisdom on this site.

Comment

My Story

Barb, welcome once again! For starters: have you read the MWO book? That's the best way to find out more about this program. There's an excerpt of it somewhere here on this website. Also there's a thread somewhere called "read the MWO book," I will try to find it and "bump it up" so it's easier for you to see when you look at all the threads.

There are many people here who have gone through, are going through, experiences much like yours. Many of us have gotten free of our addictive behaviors. There's hope.

wip

Comment

My Story

Welcome Barb,
        It ran in my family as well, just seemed that because they did, well so should I. This place can help. It really can if you give it a chance. Do some reading and posting and get familiar with the site. Order the book...and make a plan of attack. Yes attack, this is not easy but it can be done.

And you have all of us for support :l
        :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

My Story

wip

what does that mean when you say bump it up?

thanks.

Comment

My Story

to bump a thread means to revive it; aka find the thread and post a reply to remind ppl about it.
            It is easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to get permission.

Comment

My Story

Rachelita

Thanks so much for the clarification!

Comment

My Story

no problemo!! Hope all is well with you.
                It is easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to get permission.

Comment

My Story

Welcome Barb!!

There is plenty of support and understanding here - stick around!
                  "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

My Story

:hello2::colorwelcome::wave::groupluv: this a great place stick around and read and post all your questions ..
                    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Working...
                    X