Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Afraid I'll fail...but so grateful for all of you.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forgiving - Great job....third night!

I know the pain of self medicating. It's great for the moment but then reality sets in, we hate ourselves for creating our own isolation and its an endless cycle.

Amazingly, there are people who want to help. And there is so much literature there if you avail yourself.

Stay strong, keep posting with your journey.

Erin
    Happy to be AF Since 9.13.08

Comment

Good for you Forgiving on 3 days AF!!! I found the supplements and hypno CD's very helpful to get me started - and I still take the All-One as I believe it is so good for my overall health. But you CAN get started without these things. The tools aren't magic - they just help take the edge off. I'm a very strong believer in the power of exercise and avoiding sugar and empty starches as part of the plan too.

The bottom line is really simple. Every time the thought of drinking comes to mind, chose not to drink. Every time. The choice has to be made less frequently over time, and it's a lot easier over time. Probably sounds cliche, but IMO, that's the way it is.

I too found myself in a place where drinking was interfering in every area of my life - including my health and weight. It feels SO good to be getting these things back on track.

Congratulations on proving to yourself before that you CAN do this.

Best wishes,
      DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

You are doing GREAT...We're all in this together and we can all heal, together.Keep up the good work.You'll be amazed at how quickly your health will improve and the days add up to weeks and months, very quickly
        sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

welcome forgiving, i am also very new here but am on day 5 and my first friday night without my adored chilled white wine in many many years! only problem is you have nicked my balancing avatar - how very dare you! Welcome savreg too, loys of new folk here this week so lets keep posting. i was dreading tonight but am now quite content reading mwo posts and feeling among friends. bit apprehensive about my first weekend without the love of my life but one day ata time. stay strong and thanks to those who offer advice and support daily. looking forward to starting saturday fresh as a daisy - yippee xx
          Keeps x:happyheart:

Comment

Working...
          X