run, lola, run!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

run, lola, run!

I can't say that I hit rock bottom in the traditional "bottom of the well" genre. It just seemed like the mornings after, complete with smeared mascara and a garbage bag full of puke, were becoming the rule rather than the exception. My frat-girl days were long over and the 9-6 job I worked kept them that way...at least, kept the old friends away leaving me totally isolated when I wasn't at work.

So I'd drink. Not every day but two times a week maybe and I'd go hard, like I did when I had regular sleepovers at the Phi Delta Theta house. Like I was still at a toga party after everyone else had left. My last "toga party" was last night. I sat with two bottles of wine and smoked cigarettes out of my apartment window, blowing smoke rings into the frosty Canadian night air. And when I woke up this morning, exhausted and disappointed, I finally let my ex-roommates words sink in... "You drink too much."

I know I'm going to get lonely and bored and want to drink. It'll probably happen on Friday but this time I feel like I'm armed with something new...the truth and an honesty with myself that I haven't had before. I love to drink more than I should.

run, lola, run!

:welcome: Alicia
    Honesty with oneself is a Major step. The "party" has been long over for me too. Let us know how we may be of help.
    "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

run, lola, run!

(((Alicia)))

I'm nearly ready to go AF again. Sometimes we get a great group on chat in the evenings, that can while the time away and we support one another. :welcome:

Comment

run, lola, run!

thanks! i might stop in...

Comment

run, lola, run!

Hello Alicia and welcome! My mom was a Theta ...
          :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

run, lola, run!

aliciabutterfly;562550 wrote: I love to drink more than I should.
            Welcome, Alicia! This (above) is really the heart of addiction, it seems to be what separates the addict, or future addict, from the "normal drinker." Most people just don't want to drink that much.... but for those who do, we end up progressively getting worse, and altering our own brains in the process, making the whole problem more and more severe and lessening the chances of getting a grip on the problem. It's good you're here.

Comment

Working...
            X