Frustrated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frustrated

This is my first time trying to naviagate this site. I'm not great with computers. I'm very serious about acknowledging my drinking problem-I need to reduce my intake. I need friends who are in the same place. If I do not respond to your emails-don't give up- I'm going to ask for help with my email address at work tonite. I'm currently sober-my last drink was Friday-which was 1 1/2 glasses of wine-however the nites before for the last two weeks have been 4-5 hard liquors. At times I don't remember what I said the nite before. It is time to regroup. Thank You

Frustrated

Welcome Charleygirl
    You have come to the right place. There is alot of support and encouragement here. Post often and tell us about yourself. :welcome:

Comment

Frustrated

Welcome Charlygirl,

This is the right crowd for you. We've all been there and done it................
      Check in frequently for the best support you'll find anywhere

Lavande
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Frustrated

Hi Charlygirl & :welcome: I look forward to getting to know you.

xo

Comment

Frustrated

Charlygirl:welcome: You will get the hang of this site soon enough. You might want to start a thread intoducing yourself in the Starting out section. Top left and click on new thread. Also the newbies nest, also in the Starting out section is a good place to start. Good luck and looking forward to getting to know you.
          AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Frustrated

Welcome. You'll figure it out. Just start posting and reading.

Comment

Frustrated

This is a great site, wonderful support. If you go to the Monthly Abstinence section, you will find a thread called Tool Box. It has lots of ideas for you to use in making your personal plan.
              My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Frustrated

Charly........Just hang in their, were here to help...lots of good help here, old pros that know ! IAD.
                ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                Dr. Seuss

Comment

Frustrated

:welcome:I'm still not sure how to communicate on line. However, I'm three days sober and I've walked three days in a row, approx 3 miles each day.

Comment

Frustrated

Thank you for replying. I'm 57y/o and have been drinking for 30 plus years. Lately I have been forgetting arguments with my S/O when drinking. I have also had a lot of women pt's at hte hosp suffering from al abuse and pancreatitis. I know better than abuse al- if some one told me I would develop diabetes unless I changed my diet and exercised-I would definitely listen. I have been sober three days so far-my ultimate goal is to moderate my drinking if possible -if not abstain.

Comment

Frustrated

:welcome: Charly! Great job on being 3 days AF and for the walks. Keep up the good work. You'll get the hang of this site in no time. Congrats again!

Comment

Frustrated

I will surely enjoy hearing from the old pros. I need all the positive reinforcement I can get. thanks

Comment

Frustrated

I'm alrady feeling better now that I know folks are aware that I'm here and trying this new way of living -instead of being in a fog when I'm not at work. thank you

Comment

Frustrated

Charley....have you checked out the MWO book......the herbal supps. and vitamins. They can curb you cravings and make it easier to kick the habit.....IAD.
                            ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                            those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                            Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                            X