My story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My story

Hard thing to do but, something happened to me today that I hope changes my life coz lord knows I need to turn over a new leaf. I have been a binge drinker for the last 8 or nine years. I have been on a roller coaster battling my abuse of alcohol and its been a downward spiral.
    All the bad things you can imagine have happened to me from having to move away from my girlfriend and 1 year old son because I was increasingly become a danger to both of them to waking up passed out in ditch in the middle of nowhere, to being arrested for public intoxication and just massive problems with alcohol.
    My last drink was last night. I drank to avoid the hangover but when I work up this morning I was just repulsed by me and what alcohol and forced me to become. I don?t want to continue to live my life this way.

My story

Vince, welcome to you. You have found a good place where there is plenty of advice and support here.
    Do you have a plan to get you started?
    I found sticking close to the boards and reading and posting really helped me when the going got tough. Plus I used the supplements Lglutamine and Kudzu for the cravings.
    Good luck and I look forward to getting to know you
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

My story

Hi Vince, i just wanted to welcome you and congratulate you on finding an amazing group of people who have been helping me for years..
      I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
      One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

My story

Hello and Welcome Vince
        This really is a wonderful place. It has been a bit slow this weekend with the weather getting nicer and sports and all, but be patient. The people here are amazing. May I suggest that you begin by reading the book. Are you in danger with withdrawal? Have you done it before? Withdrawal can be dangerous. I cannot do it with meds and doctors. Please stick around. Many of us, including myself, have some very ugly stories due to the beast, alcohol, but we can change and be the people we are meant to be.
        "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

My story

Thank you friends..Yes going through withdrawal but its not bad. I have gone through withdrawal before but i never fully understood what was happening to me. slight shakes and i didnt sleep a wink last night.

Comment

My story

Welcome Vince and the very best to you.
            "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

My story

Hi and welcome Vince,

Keep reading, and posting -- there is a wealth of information here.
              Have you considered using meds and supps for cravings?

All the best to you on your new beginning.
              "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

My story

Hi Vince
                You are sooooo in the right place as everyone says we've all got similar stories, i was sober for 6 yrs and picked up again bingeing for the last 4 and i just know that AF is the only way for a content life for me, stick close with us and you can always send personal messages to people if you want more help, ive had that & im now on day 21 AF - Good luck!!!!!!

Comment

My story

welcome vince you will make good friends here that can help & relate to what your going through

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                  I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

My story

It been 48 hours and i am suffering but i think i will beok. I am already on a lot Hypertension medications so the medical approach i wont explore. rough night and as with the night before i was not able to sleep at all. feeling really low and i all of a sudden have this overwhelming feeling of having the weight of the world on my shoulders.

Comment

My story

YAY!! Good for you Vince.
                      You hang in there and stay close for support:-)
                      "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

My story

Hi Vince
                        How are you doing? I Know how rough the withdrawal can be. Stay close. We can help.
                        "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

My story

Thinking of you Vince,
                          I'm only on Day 4 without alcohol, you can do it, you can do it, it seems to be a good place here.
                          :goodjob::new::l

Comment

My story

96 hours today. Even though most of the physical sickness is gone. I feeling very low. I am overcome with regret guilt and just general bad feelings. This is usually where I would start drinking again so I can make this all go away. I am just overcome with anxiety. I don’t know if I have what It takes to cope.

Comment

My story

Vince;615826 wrote: Hard thing to do but, something happened to me today that I hope changes my life coz lord knows I need to turn over a new leaf. I have been a binge drinker for the last 8 or nine years. I have been on a roller coaster battling my abuse of alcohol and its been a downward spiral.
                              All the bad things you can imagine have happened to me from having to move away from my girlfriend and 1 year old son because I was increasingly become a danger to both of them to waking up passed out in ditch in the middle of nowhere, to being arrested for public intoxication and just massive problems with alcohol.
                              My last drink was last night. I drank to avoid the hangover but when I work up this morning I was just repulsed by me and what alcohol and forced me to become. I don’t want to continue to live my life this way.
                              You wrote enough to say -- you want help. There is help, Are you ready? Reach out and find it, either on-line or in person. Its is up to you. You articulated well in your post. Only YOU can make a difference.
                              An Improved Ripple. :monalisa:

Comment

Working...
                              X