Cracked Ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cracked Ribs

Just the other day I was so drunk that I fell and I'm sure that I cracked one or two of my ribs. I took so many aspirin and ibuprofen for the pain that I threw up nothing but blood after about two days.

Didn't go to the doctor, too drunk to drive, so I just used an icepack instead.

Pretty pathetic. I'm ashamed of myself for allowing me to do this to my body and mind.
    I've been walking, a long and crooked path. Come my restoration, wash my body clean...

Cracked Ribs

Hasn't happened since I stopped taking aspirin and ibuprofin Sheri. I know that throwing up blood is a serious issue, but since I've gotten off the aspirin and ibuprofin I seem to be fine.

Thank you so much for your concern friend.
    I've been walking, a long and crooked path. Come my restoration, wash my body clean...

Comment

Cracked Ribs

Hi sosad61
      Try and rest up.
      You've taken a bit of a beating. And Sheri's right. If you're still in pain tomorrow you should think about having it looked at. There's not much they can do with broken ribs but they can check you over and maybe give you something to help with the pain.

Comment

Cracked Ribs

Narcotic pain killers are the worst thing for me right now. I would probably abuse them and make things worse. My ribs have seemed to heal much better. I might have only seriously bruised them, but I doubt so because of the large indentation in the area of impact. I was in severe pain for several days but that kind of pain I am somehow able to take for some reason.

I'll be fine in that area. My main pain lies in the abuse from alcohol. It seems that I have a tolerance for physical pain in the largest degree, but when it comes to withdrawal and the emotional/physical pain from alcohol is where I have the most problem.

I served in the US Army for years and suffered broken bones/fingers/fragment wounds and the like associated with military combat; that didn't seem to bother me so much. I even rejected the offer of painkillers for the most part. I was a pretty tough Soldier that didn't want to be out of commission due to fulfillment of my duties to my comrades in arms. We had a bond to protect each other, and painkillers would have prevented me from fulfilling that bond.

It's the emotional, mental, and physical pain from alcohol that bothers me most. Mostly the mental part more than anything. Does that make any sense?

Comment

Cracked Ribs

hey there SOS sure hope we can talk today in the chat room ....we are all there for you
          :heart:AF since May 31 2008.....Happy and Healthy

Comment

Cracked Ribs

Hi Rusty,

I might be there later. Right now I just need some time to myself. I hope that you understand. Thank you so much for being there for me.

Comment

Cracked Ribs

With osteoporosis, plus an AL prob, I've broken/fracture at least a dozen ribs in the last 5 years. I know pain. I live with it daily. However, this was EXCRUCIATING!!!! I also had bronchitis/pneumonia at some points, and a cough caused a fracture. Because of new pain med laws at the time, and the pitiful docs I had then, they gave me NO medication. I spent months sitting upright, sleeping upright, praying not to sneeze. I cannot describe how horrible the pain was, even after I had given birth twice. A sober person would NEVER have had this much horror to remember, but the AL didn't help a bit.
              sigpic
              Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
              awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Cracked Ribs

HI Ruby,
                For those few days I was in such pain with cracked ribs, I prayed that I would not cough or sneeze. Each time I would it would be so excruciatingly painful that I would almost throw up just from the pain. It was hard to breathe even.

Kind of pathetic that I couldn't even see the doctor for pain medication because of being drunk most of the time and refusing to drive while intoxicated. I will NEVER, ever drive a vehicle and put other people in danger because of my addiction; it's the one thing I can say that's a positive.

Comment

Cracked Ribs

Hi Sosad, hope you're feeling much better by now. Maybe us "lonelies" should start a "Lonely hearts club" ????lol.
                  make the least of the worst, and the most of the best - everyday.

Comment

Cracked Ribs

Sosad, great to see you still around.

Comment

Cracked Ribs

cacky. It's so good to still see YOU around friend.

Comment

Cracked Ribs

Sosad...so glad you are here too......remember there are many who care!!!......
                        :heart:AF since May 31 2008.....Happy and Healthy

Comment

Working...
                        X