Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1st post -Off the booze trying to save my family Support needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a binge episode from 9-25 to 9-27 wife said she was sick of it and wants out. (AGAIN) I took a stand and researched help. Using AA and Campral to aid in my sobriety. Very tough with her not speaking and not knowing whats going to happen. Just trying to use 1 day at a time. I am looking for others that might have or are experiencing this issue. Any advice or comments are wlecome as I need to have a social network that helps me rather than brings me down. I live 2200 miles away from any family. TTYL

gr8dad......You have started off with a good step ! AA and Meds. will help. Do what ever it takes to keep you sober ! Ask for help here....go to AA, go off and join a monistry.....Ha! What ever it takes ! Remember losing your family....can be the worst thing for you...is it worth it ? You can get help here, lot's of knowledge ............But get help where ever you can ! Welcome. IAD
    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
    Dr. Seuss

Comment

IAD.....Thanks for the reply I do not want to lose my family especially over A. I will KIT and thanks for the stomping your Ravens gave my Browns........I will be here alot looking and posting. gr8dad

Comment

Sorry about that gr8dad...........You have a new couch...he's good....takes time to get it going. We'll beat the Steelers though...if that will make you happy ! ha! We got the Pats...on Sunday....going to be a good game ! IAD
        ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
        those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
        Dr. Seuss

Comment

gr8, many of us have either been in danger of, or have actually lost family, friends, jobs, homes, not to mention honor and respect because of all. Congratulations for really making this effort. Remember, as Hubs said to me, you didn't damage or lose all this overnight, and you won't regain it that way either. Many times they've heard the promises, seen the tears of regret, so they become hardened to protect themselves from being hurt again, and sometimes begin to think of life without you to protect themselves. It CAN be done with time. It's been done here many times. Have you talked to your wife about your feelings now? You could explain you know actions speak louder than words, and ask for time for her to see your actions. Welcome! (I'm a Falcons Fan).
          sigpic
          Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

hello rubywillow, that you for reminding me that I didn't do this over night and it can not be fixed over night. I have asked her to give me time to show her my committment to sobriety in turn showing her how I can be the husband she needs. I have a lot of praying and doing to have her stay. She is being resentful of the medication I am on (Campral) thinks I am just looking to substitute the A with pills. I tried to explain that it is a helping hand in my recovery right now.:new: thank you for your support! gr8dad

Comment

Hi Gr8,
              I enjoyed chatting with you the other night. You sound comitted to your sobriety. I know it can be hard to gain the support of loved ones, particularly in the beginning. But, stay strong and in time, your wife will come around. It takes time to rebuild trust, but you can do it! Don't get discouraged just push on through! There is a lot of support here......stick close to those that are comitted to sobriety, they are a big help! You might also check out the "Tool Box" thread.....it is chock full of great tools to aid in sobriety and beyond!

Best Wishes!
              Kate
              A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

ODAAT . my advice is to read the forums daily and keep going to your meetings , get a sponsor too .. I'm new at this I'm 8 days AF , so I'm struggling too , we can do it together. BTW , The STEELERS RULE !!:h Em
                Non Drinker 9/09
                Non Smoker 6/09
                Tennis Anyone ?

Comment

Working...
                X