• Show
Clear All

My Story

changemeforever
    Member Join Date: Nov 2009
    Gallery: 0
    My Mood:

My story.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So here goes! Thanks for reading this in advance!

I didnt drink untill I was in my early 20's! The reason for this was because I was determined not to be like my mother who both abused drugs and alcohol and also my step mother who was an alcoholic hiding bottles all over the house! I have never been that bad and have never hidden my drinking! Anyway back to the story......

It all begins with a soldier (my Dad) having a drunken one night stand with my mother resulting in me! My mother tracked my Dad down and landed up on my grandparents doorstep with the story that she was pregnant with me, she was taken in and so the story begins! However unbeknown to all at that time was that mother was married and had just abandoned 2 other kids ages 2 and 8 months at the time left them with a neighbour as she went to buy something at the local shop!
    So I am born and 22 months later along comes my brother. Which is when Mother hit the bottle and was leaving us downstairs whilst she had her end away with the neighbours whilst Dad was at work. When I was 4 she left us and that was the first time I remember feeling lost and abandoned and then begins the next chapter of the story.

Us kids were left with the teenage neighbour whilst dad was at work and this is where the sexual abuse began. I was never raped but remember knowing that it was all wrong being touched, stroked, kissed, licked like that. He used to get my brother to do it to me too and to get me to touch him. I can still remember the smell of him and it still turns my stomach.

When I was 8 Dad met my step mother and we moved to a remote village to begin as a happy family. My step mother came with 3 boys of her own and at first things were great. But when the baby was born it all fell apart as she hit the bottle in a big wasy and was both emotionaly and physically abusive and violent. The sexual abuse had stopped but we were then bounced into another situation that non of us kids had any control over. When it hit rock bottom she was sectioned and 3 of the boys were taken into care leaving me at 10yrs old at home looking after the 2 younger boys. she was in hospital for a few weeks and then came out again and the circle began once again. The older boys never came home and I didnt get to see any of them for the next 20 yrs! My grandmother came to stay with us for a few days and that was when i was saved and taken to live with her. The 2 younger boys were then adopted and again it was 20 yrs before I got to see them again.

So when did the drinking begin? I guess it was when I went to uni and was experimenting sexually that i needed a drink to take the edge off and make me feel warm and fuzzy and give me confidence to have sex. I then fell into the trap of thinking that if a guy was having sex with me he must love me?? How nieve was I?? I then began the pattern of self loathing at getting pissed and sleeping around until I fell pregnant with my daughter. She saved me at that point! I left uni got a flat and began life as a single mum.

When my daughter was 7 months old I met my husband. We enjoyed good food and wine and soon my son came along. I had a meltdown at this point as all my supressed memories came flooding back. This is when the drinking I guess became more of a regular thing rather than a social thing. Even now I need a drink before i can have sex so the future is going to be a challenge!

Life went on! 2 yrs ago my grandmother died and I have never felt such pain or loss. My saviour had gone and even with my husband and children being here i have never felt such loss. This is when a bottle of wine almost every night became the norm!
    I found my brother and step brothers later that yr and all are heavy drinkers. My biological brother and i never really bonded I guess I had too many barriers still up from our childhood and he was in prison. I was going to meet him this yr but he died in a road accident after coming out of the pub and was texting on his phone.

Yesterday I had my first real AF day and it felt fantastic. Im going to contoll my life now and not let events of the past make me drink. Im 35 and have a long life ahead of me. I need to make this change!! Hence the name! xxx

My Story

Welcome Changemeforever,
    Yesterday I had my first real AF day and it felt fantastic
    Wow. What a story!
    You remind me of one of those dolls that you push over and over and they just keep bouncing back.
    I think you've been saved once again finding My Way Out.
    You are already an inspiration.
    Strength and love to you.
    Keep on keeping on

Comment

My Story

Oh, Change, I'm crying for that lost little girl. I hope telling your story has helped a bit, it is heartbreaking. You can find a lot of support and information here, but (just my opinion) it sounds to me like maybe talking to a counselor would help you. It also sounds like you have a lovely husband, and you deserve the relationship that you both want, without the crutch of AL. The past IS NOT YOUR FAULT. What you do with your life from today on is what matters. Best wishes to you, hon. You deserve happiness.
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

My Story

Thank you guys for your replys. I posted my story for me really its the first time ive put it all into words and read it back to myself. Our past is often what makes us the people we are. I think i became a nurse as it gave me a sence of worth. It is acceptable within our proffession to party hard! As a child you know no better but as an adult you can easily fall into the self fulfilling profficy.

My drinking has been worse since July of this yr with the death and funeral of my brother I felt left with so many what ifs....... and so drank to forget and not have to deal with my emotions. I shouldnt blame my brother as he was only a child too but the memories remained and probably would have tarnished any real relationship we could have had.

I hope my story will possibly help others along the way.

It has felt good finally letting this all out. Very few people know any of this and because im always smiling it is assumed that I am a happy contented person but smiles hide many things!!

Thanks for reading and listening. xxx

Comment

My Story

Change, I just sent you a pm...thank you for sharing....I'm thinking maybe I should write my story....why, because I think you would be as surprised as me at how many similarities we have in our story....hell, maybe I will go ahead and do it ......later....
          :thanks:

Comment

My Story

You are so strong, I feel like a 6 ft pussy cat.
            I want to send you lots of support.
            I guess hugs and kisses are too personal.

I am here if you need to talk.
            Push the past away and look forward.

I think you are already there.

If I could be there for you, count me in.
            personal mail or better email me any time.

I will try to help.
            Andrew.
            Keep strong.

Comment

My Story

Im going to contoll my life now and not let events of the past make me drink. Im 35 and have a long life ahead of me. I need to make this change!! Hence the name! xxx
              --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              now there ytou go ..your on your way..thankx for sharing
              :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
              best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

My Story

Yesterday I had my first real AF day and it felt fantastic. Im going to contoll my life now and not let events of the past make me drink. Im 35 and have a long life ahead of me. I need to make this change!! Hence the name! xxx
                Change, welcome to MWO and thank you for sharing your story. Sometimes the greatest growth comes through pain, but it is not the pain that helps the growth, rather your response to it. Will you suffer through your experience and continue as before or let your pain inspire changes that help you grow, the choice is yours and I believe that you have made a wise choice. As a result underlying probs will have a better chance of getting solved and you will lead a more manageble life. :l

Comment

My Story

lol i love stories like this, it never ceases to amaze me the reactions of some people xD
                  Simulation rachat credit personnel reduit | Demande rachat credit personnel en ligne | Comparatif meilleur taux rachat credit pret personnel

Comment

My Story

Wow Change! That is some story. What a brave soul you are facing up to all that fear and abuse and making sure it doesnt impact your life any more.
                    Good luck on your journey and please keep us posted.
                    Thanks too for sharing it must have been difficult to get all that out there...
                    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

My Story

Hi Change. I just now read your story - I'm so glad Starty posted and bumped it up. You have been through so much in your young life. You deserve all the good things that freedom from alcohol can bring. I hope you are doing well on your journey. Never give up no matter how rough the road may seem at time.

Strength and hope,

DG
                      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

My Story

Change, thanks for telling your story. I feel very sad for that little girl, but I'm amazed at the brave woman she became.

xo

Comment

Working...
                        X