my story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my story

it's time for my story. i'm 48 married to a drinker, i have a 5 yr old and 2 college step kids.
    lately, i have only been drinking on the weekends. I put my daughgter to bed at 7 get up and have start drinking wine. it only takes 3 glasses of wine to make me not remember going to bed. when i see my eyes in the mirror in the morning i begin my hiding process. visine, makeup, moisturizer, mouthwash, ice on my eyes lately to help with the redness.
    my older sister killed herself when she hit a tree while driving with a 3. something % of al
    in her blood. thank god it was a tree and not a family. all my siblings drink except one. there were 7 of us now there are 6.
    my mom hardly drank because she would get drunk very easily, she died 8 years ago from smoking. i loved her and was so close and had a great childhood. my dad is awesome he hardly drinks.
    sometimes i can have a great time drinking, but most times i hate myself in the morning.
    i have been reading here for a while, i have the supplements and cds. i can't take meds cuz i'm bi-polar and they wouldnt mix with my other meds for that.
    maybe my friends know, maybe they don't im careful not to text or call while drunk, but i'm sure they can smell it on me.
    i'm so done with the fights while drunk. they make no sense. my husband gets so angry with me for trying to work on things with the stepkids etc. we havn't had sex in 2 years.
    i love the feeling of the first glass. as i pour the second one i know its over.

my story

welcome willow, you have come to the right place, read all the posts you can and talk to us, I am doing better than i have for year's thanks to my friends here, ive had a few setbacks but am determined to beat it you can too,love and hugs Twitch xx

Comment

my story

thanks twitch day one again. going outside for sun and cold air

Comment

my story

:welcome: Welcome Willow!

i love the feeling of the first glass. as i pour the second one i know its over.
        Well, I can certainly relate to that! But it is so not worth it when you wake up the next morning filled with remorse.

I wish you strength!
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

my story

hi, I've been af since sat morning. taking supplements, thinking about ordering topomax or baclofen. any suggestions. I shared with one of my sisters that I was quitting. She said she was thinking about it too. Maybe she'll visit the site. But anyway, I've read the book and the topomax sounds a bit scary with side effects but I think I can take it with my other meds.

Comment

Working...
          X