X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why I am here.

I decided to take this down, tmi.

Why I am here.

Excuses, what I love about your story is the determination that you show today to rid your life of the problems that active alcoholism causes. (or drinking too much or whatever term you perfer to describe the drinking problem)

You are not alone. We all take slightly different paths to get here, but the results are the same - inability to control the amount we drink, or the outcome when we DO drink. I can't control it either and the absolute BEST day of my life was they day I finally admitted that to myself and to others, and ACCEPTED the fact of the matter.

Now you can move forward. Isn't that exciting???? Yesterday doesn't matter other than the learning experience you get from it. Only today counts. Let's make it a sober one and a GOOD one. Let's stop throwing our lives down the tubes over alcohol.

:l

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Why I am here.

Excuses - I too just joined the MWO community and your post touched me, as I feel sad, ashamed, embarassed, and disappointed in myself as well. DG is right in saying that today is absolutely the best day of my life, because I finally admitted and accepted the fact that I can no longer control my drinking. I'm going to do this and succeed, and so are you.

Comment

Why I am here.

I am so happy for you ladies I have tears in my eyes. Seriously. Recovery is a beautiful thing to watch. It's not easy - there will be many a bump in the road most likely. But we can all get free if we want it and are willing to do whatever it takes to get it.

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Why I am here.

Hi Cecelia!
          We definitely can do this! Right now I am positive and ready to combat this issue, I am a little afraid of the days I am not so positive but having this place to come to and voice it hopefully will be the push I need to get past the temptaions and urges. I am here if you need anything and yes we will succeed, 1 day at a time!

Hi Doggygirl,
          Thank you for all of your kind words! It feels great to get all of this out in the open. My husband is not a big drinker so he says "just stop" Well if it was that easy I would be able to remember my 20's a little better! I have a good feeling about this time! I am excited to have so many new helpers on my journey!

Comment

Why I am here.

Hi again Cecelia. Hopefully with time and honest communication your husband can come to understand our AL problem a little better. I too am married to a "normal drinker" (he can take it or leave it. AND he CAN drink just one and stop!) He is very understanding now but that took some effort.

Alcohol addiction defies logic in so many ways. I think that's one reason why people without the problem can't understand, and often say "well then, if it's a problem just stop!" If we stuck our hand on a hot stove, we would realize the consequences and not do it again. Somehow with AL, despite YEARS of negative consequences, we somehow expect the outcome to be different this time. We keep putting our hand on the stove and have a tough time stopping that!

The effort necessary to get through the early time of sobriety is well worth it. The rewards will come! You WILL get your life back!

DG
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Why I am here.

FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Ok, here goes,
              Thank you all. One day at a time!
              Roly

Comment

Why I am here.

Just as soon as I can type this message correctly, I'm taking my dog and myself out.
                Today is one day...can surely do that.
                Roly

Comment

Working...
                X